The Audiophile's Wife

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
"The owner of the establishment eagerly invited The Audiophile inside while I stood in the entry and ran the calculations on whether three people could simultaneously fit inside the store without personal violation. Ultimately the visit only lasted a couple of minutes because the proprietor had, it seems, exaggerated the quality, condition, and sheer existence of his inventory."

I laughed my *** off on that one!

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I love the tone of plodding resignation.

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I enjoyed...

he dashed to the www and began to quiz me on which speakers I wanted. I responded that I wanted them in rosewood. He peppered me with many other irrelevant questions all to which I replied, "I want them in rosewood."

Reminded me of my teen-age years when my audiophile father was buying ME a boombox / small system for my birthday and he and my brother Gary spent HOURS in the audio store with the owner while I sat on a stool in the same audio store twiddling my thumbs and sighing... looking longingly at the really cute system I had picked out and the door.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Carol what does "cute" mean?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Call MOM

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
We all need a wife with that kind of quiet resignation and tolerance. I personally need a "Guitar Player's Wife" in the worst possible way. I do need a new amp, but the amp I need is called a Tremolux...

Tim

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Of three tts I have my wife likes the Kronos. She said it is sexy in a Terminator kind of way. My 2 and a half yr son, jump up and down with joy every time he he gets to do the needle dropping and hear the music comes out :D. Such joy.

20170502_145012_resized.jpg

Tang

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Of three tts I have my wife likes the Kronos. She said it is sexy in a Terminator kind of way. My 2 and a half yr son, jump up and down with joy every time he he gets to do the needle dropping and hear the music comes out :D. Such joy.

View attachment 35434

Tang

Best picture of the day...from the entire Internet.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
After reading so many threads, posts, comments suggesting how we audiophiles in this forum so darn pickie in choosing an equipment, how we could possibly find every little tiny aspects of sound to criticize (actually we criticize "anything" not just the sound that comes into a thread.) and how we could even "hear" those little tiny part of sound, I just realize how tolerable, patient and understanding our wives really are to our behaviors. I would like to bow and thanks my extremely understanding wife and all wives of friends in this forum for being stuck with us. I promise to never ever complain when she spends so much time in picking shoes in a shoe shop.

Tang

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
+1

(I actually don't mind it when my wife spends a lot of time picking shoes in a shoe store.)

But the best way we could show our appreciation to our wives is by not ignoring them when they accompany us to audio events or to meet audio friends -- and by admonishing our audio friends not to ignore our wives either.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
+1

(I actually don't mind it when my wife spends a lot of time picking shoes in a shoe store.)

. . . . .

I don't mind either BECAUSE I'M NEVER THERE WHEN IT HAPPENS!

I won't subject myself to that kind of punishment! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

She can buy all the shoes she wants as long as I don't have to be there!

I'm perfectly happy seeing what she brings home from the store.

I don't have to be there to see the rejects.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
If my wife know how many money i spent in the last 30 years i will become EX Gian60

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If my wife know how many money i spent in the last 30 years i will become EX Gian60

Gian, I doubt you yourself know how much you have spent in the last 30 years. Don't count

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

I come home early everyday to trade with a financial freedom :eek:.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have an anomaly. My wife actually picked out HER Maggies..... In RED, no less...... case closed!!!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have an anomaly. My wife actually picked out HER Maggies..... In RED, no less...... case closed!!!

Bright colors make you young. Think of Ferrari rosso corsa.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing