Adele: Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Are the dynamics preserved? Adele is a wonderful, old-school artist whose recordings are hobbled by awful, new-school mastering.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Are the dynamics preserved? Adele is a wonderful, old-school artist whose recordings are hobbled by awful, new-school mastering.

Tim

There are no specifics/details about this yet, including her own site (adele.tv), which is kind of surprising really. I'll post when they are set down.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Tim

Yeah, I think that it's sad. But the mastering may have been done to sound best as mp3's. My wife introduced me to Adele and I loved her youtube videos, so bought the CDs and they weren't very good. I bought the LP's and that's just a bit better. So, I bought the mp3's and I thought that they sounded better than the CDs!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Yeah, I think that it's sad. But the mastering may have been done to sound best as mp3's. My wife introduced me to Adele and I loved her youtube videos, so bought the CDs and they weren't very good. I bought the LP's and that's just a bit better. So, I bought the mp3's and I thought that they sounded better than the CDs!

Agreed. The Adele 19 vinyl I have is noisy and sounds congested. I'm not familiar with Columbia's work (for concerts) on Blu-ray, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this release. If this were an Eagle Rock title I'd say buy it sight unseen and ears unheard as their releases are mostly top-notch.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing