Ambiophonic plugin for foobar2000

Tam Lin

Mar 20, 2011
North Texas
I recently learned about Ambiophonics and I wanted to try it but the available software was unsatisfactory. As is often the case, I ended up writing my own.

Features:

• Native foobar2000 plugin. No VST wrapper required.
  • Works with any sample rate and file format supported by foobar2000.
  • Calculates stereo crosstalk delay time based on speaker placement dimensions.
  • Setup parameters can be overridden by track metadata (tags).
  • 4 channels can be arranged as front/rear, front/front, or rear/rear. The latter two are for situations where the high and low frequency drivers have different left/right separations and thus different crosstalk delays.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing