Who can build me a custom stand?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I am looking for a custom polished chrome stand - can you suggest places that would be able to help?

thanks

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Any metal stand can be chrome plated. Buy one or build one then have it triple plated; copper, nickel, chrome.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks. I should clarify this is a custom LP stand, with custom dimensions as well. I have contacted all of the above...

TMenacker

Feb 11, 2012
Hi ack,

We recommend Harmonic Resolution Systems stands. There SXR versions can be configured just about any way you want. They can be reconfigured if needed in the future. Each isolation shelf is calibrated for the weight of the component that will go on it. If you change a component in the future the shelf can be re-calibrated. We feel it's the best stand available. I don't think they do chrome however. The same isolation bases are used for amplifiers, and again calibrated to the weight of the component. A "final purchase". It will last a lifetime. *****

BR,

Terry

TMenacker

Feb 11, 2012
Glass looks good, but is really one of the worst materials you can use for isolation.

TM

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh what the heck. I'm a distributor and I use these myself. :D

Critical Mass Systems

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Soundanchors

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
So I should have clarified when I started the thread long ago... I wanted a custom stand for my LPs (EDIT: oops, I did, in post #6)... I am going outside the audio domain and building a custom wall unit from Roche Bobois... Thanks for all the suggestions.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Never mind! :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
So I should have clarified when I started the thread long ago... I wanted a custom stand for my LPs (EDIT: oops, I did, in post #6)... I am going outside the audio domain and building a custom wall unit from Roche Bobois... Thanks for all the suggestions.

I recall someone saying IKEA had such a unit for sale.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I always wondered about metal vs. wood (maple).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing