VPI HRX vs Oracle Delphi MK 6

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi,

Yes we do . Im your friend from the City of Batangas . The person Im referring to is a mutual friend of ours.

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
Hi! It's not just the oracle, did you see the Avid as well? our friends on a buying spree!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi! It's not just the oracle, did you see the Avid as well? our friends on a buying spree!

Our friend is one of the top collectors of audio gears in our country, in 3 different locations, one of which looks like a audio labyrinth of a warehouse. ;)

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
We should actually post pics, its a virtual history tour of long forgotten but much desired products during their time.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Who is it guys? Senor?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We should actually post pics, its a virtual history tour of long forgotten but much desired products during their time.

I'll try to if I get to visit his 'warehouse' in Manila again. There are a few closets that house collections of Scott, Fisher and Marantz pre-amps. Audio gears at every square foot of space in a room, and a loudspeaker 'covered yard' that houses among others, a very memorable speaker called The Great White Whale - memorable bec I never could forget its unique name since I saw it back in his place in the mid 80s. ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd definitely look for a much better cartridge. Black tends to be dark, slow and not much happening at the extremes :( Lyras, Benzs, Clearaudios all work well in the VPI arm. Or if stuck on the Koetsu and have the bucks, investigate the stone bodied Koetsus.

Since I now know that this Black was purchased new around 3 years ago as the owner is an old friend of mine, I guess it's about the arm/cart matching that is not ideal. This same Black was installed in a local hi fi show also about 3 years ago and we mounted it on an original EMT 930 table and an Ortofon arm to great success. A few friends told me the sound was very good and there were no missing highs or lows, and in fact the sound was quite fast and dynamic when we played the Mercury Hi Fi ala Espanola which was quite memorable. Admittedly, the Black will be bettered by the higher models, even the Rosewood Signature is much better overall in sonics and of course the stone bodies are in another league.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Allow me to post a few pictures of the gears of our friend who has the enviable 'problem' of choosing between the HRX and the Oracle Delphi 6. This is just the tip of the iceberg, and a large iceberg at that.

The Jadis Eurythmie Loudspeakers:

Eurythmie crossover box:

The ARC 'Rack': Our friend is the local ARC dealer. And there are a lot more of these scattered around his place. :)

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi,

BTW our friend who owns the equipments in the pictures are going to visit Batangas City to watch the concert of the World reknown Taipei Symphony Orchestra on NOV 2 , 5pm. The organizer told us that its a 100 piece orchestra. They will only perform in 2 concert halls in our country ,one in CCP & the other in our newly renovated auditorium here in Batangas City. I hope Phil , Dafos and JackD201 can attend.Our friend will bring along our mutual friend from Magallanes who uses a REF 610

tdh888

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi,

BTW our friend who owns the equipments in the pictures are going to visit Batangas City to watch the concert of the World reknown Taipei Symphony Orchestra on NOV 2 , 5pm. The organizer told us that its a 100 piece orchestra. They will only perform in 2 concert halls in our country ,one in CCP & the other in our newly renovated auditorium here in Batangas City. I hope Phil , Dafos and JackD201 can attend.Our friend will bring along our mutual friend from Magallanes who uses a REF 610

tdh888

That's great to know, thanks for the info, tdh888.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing