RMAF What’s Best Dinner Final Details – Attendees Pls Read!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Looking forward to meeting all of you. I've got my plane and hotel reservations.

Also, if you like Head-Fi, Jude Mansilla has a preview video posted on all the new gear that will be in the main ballroom for Can Jam. Lots of great stuff.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/575050/hea...k-peaks-canjam-rocky-mountain-audio-fest-rmaf

There will be a portable audio event with Jude, Steve Guttenberg, and others.

There is also a nice seminar from James Guthrie, long-time engineer for Pink Floyd demonstrating the new Wish You Were Here SACD.

By the way, the new Pink Floyd remasters are stellar imho.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I would love to meet you guys, I've got a conflict for Sat night, but...

Late Thursday afternoon I'll be the barfly, hoping to grab a table and share court with everyone.

Peter B.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Sounds like all we need is one person with an android phone (maybe two if we have wine geeks sharing bottles of wine). I won't be in the sniffing and swirling club.

If I can't sleep tonight (jet lag) I'll key in all the names and the menu into my phone so that we can just pass the phone around for each to key in what they ordered. Sounds like if bar is cash and carry, we won't have to worry about splitting bottles of wine.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Just saw the menu from Bent Fork. Looks good. I'm hungry now. :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
By the way, the new Pink Floyd remasters are stellar imho.
Interesting...how do they compare with the remasters from before? (DSOM MoFi Gold CD, 1994 Remaster of The Wall and 2002 Remaster of Final Cut)? thanks for any guidance!

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Wish I could make it but unfortunately I have a wedding to attend! Have an awesome time :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Looks like I am 99% out guys :(. Business meetings are getting in the way. Hope you all have a great and enjoyable dinner.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Looking forward to meeting everyone! Now, how will we contact/recognise each other?

Where shall we meet prior to leaving for the Bent Fork?

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
Hi RUR,

I see I am on the list, and just wanted to confirm here I'll be attending.

Do we want to coordinate a gathering point in the lobby of the Marriott for those needing a ride and to collect the group a bit more? I would think meet at 7:30 and depart at 7:40 would do it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This would be a good time for those with cars to indicate such and how many you can take

My daughter is a Sr at University Of Boulder and will be driving. We have 2 seats available.

I am staying across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
This would be a good time for those with cars to indicate such and how many you can take

My daughter is a Sr at University Of Boulder and will be driving. We have 2 seats available.

I am staying across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn

Steve, could my wife and I possibly grab a lift with you please? We're staying at the Hilton too, IIRC. (The place where the Pink Floyd SACD demo sessions will be.)

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Hi RUR,

I see I am on the list, and just wanted to confirm here I'll be attending.

Mark, I sent you a direct email this AM. You're absolutely on the list.

If anyone can provide my guest and me with a lift, we'd be grateful.

To everyone: Reservations are under "WBF".

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have a rental car and I'm staying at the Hilton. I will have Myles and his girlfriend and should have room for one more.

Mark

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing