RMAF 2011 Tape "Buzz"

stellavox

Apr 23, 2010
Well,

Since no one has made any noise yet, I might as well start!

Guess a number of What's Best'ers will be at the show and may be going to dinner on Saturday night. Hope to see you all there if not before.

Maybe tapesters so moved could meet at the bar, say Friday around 6P? Balance a 10 1/2" reel on your head for identification.

I don't know what rooms will be spinning tape - perhaps those of you knowledgeable could inform us. Understand that Nick Doshi will have a new tubed tape pre in his room.

I'm bringing out my just finished, homage to Mark Levinson - my version of his LNP-2 preamp (with electronics from a modified ML-11). a few pics are here:

http://web.me.com/reeltapes/Home_of_Reeltapes/King_Levinson_LNP-2_Preamp.html

Don't know where we'll "audition" it yet - maybe in my buddy Dave Cope's Audio Note room.

CHEERS!

Charles

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I know Jonathan will have an ATR-102 in the Marriott Tower - Level 11 ~ 1117 and I'll be in the Marriott Tower - Level 8 ~ 8000 with a modified Studer A80RC. Both rooms will be spinning our master tapes. Hope everyone gets to stop by and introduce yourself!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing