Steve Jobs has passed away

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I just saw it come across the news. It's sad, but not unexpected given his health issues. We will see how Apple with carry on without his vision.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'll forever remember my 512+ :) First computer ever used!

Man was a genius at name branding!

He'll be truly missed.

Sure Apple stock will take a hit tomorrow :(

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
R.I.P. Mr. Jobs and thank you!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
A huge loss for business, at least for the few that can hear the lesson of his life. Technology was Jobs' product. His business, his success, was an uncompromising devotion to the customer experience.

Tim

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
+1

And he owned the big Wilson speakers at one time. One of our own :)

A huge loss for the world. And I am pretty certain a Spectral owner at one point, until he sold them and focused on the iPod - or something like that...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll watch Toy Story 3 again just for you Mr. Jobs.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I just saw it come across the news. It's sad, but not unexpected given his health issues. We will see how Apple with carry on without his vision.

I read an interesting article in Macworld today about how Apple would fare when Jobs was gone!!! I believe Apple will be just fine. There are no guarantees that Apple would not have hit a bump in the road (with Job still around) being in the technology business. So that may still happen.

Steve hand picked and groomed the new CEO and they have in place Apple University to teach the culture. No guarantees they won't screw it up but my bet is that they will be OK --- I'm a big fan and user - not a stock holder.

Kippyy

Feb 20, 2011
San Ramon, CA
Steve's products have vastly changed and improved many aspects of my life from communicating, to listening to music.
I was a Luddite/technophobe 10 years ago, and now...we'll I'm typing this...
RIP

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
R.I.P. Steve.

* And by your simplicity as a human being you left us a lot...

I'm crying inside as he was so young (exactly my age), and I luv him for how he simply dressed casually in public, and also because he was not taking himself for someone else like so many others do.

He was trying to bring the computer world into human harmony.
We should all continue the path toward that goal so we can ALL live in a better world, without starvation and wars... ...towards Peace all over the entire World, our planet to us ALL.
It goes way beyond our own perception...

*** Communication is key, and the Messages are the ultimate Life's conclusion.
Good to have your full life in your pocket, another to have the right messages in there...

Next; iSave, a portable device for saving lives... ...Then iPeace...
{I should have worked with Steve.}

He was a great man.

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yes have seen that pic :)

Way back when, I was trying to arrange an interview with Jobs via David Wilson. Unfortunately never came to fruition but would have been cool had it :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing