SMc VRE-1 Virtual Reality Engine Preamp

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have the latest version in house for a preview prior to RMAF. It offers a very clear and dimensional portrayal of each image. Notice I say "each". This is first preamp that actually separates instrumental voices and images across the stage. Dynamically, it is the best pre I've ever heard. More to come...

View attachment 11487

It should be great for opera! Do not forget to listen to the Rigoletto "Bella figlia dell'amore" quartetto and tell us how it sounds!

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I have the latest version in house for a preview prior to RMAF. It offers a very clear and dimensional portrayal of each image. Notice I say "each". This is first preamp that actually separates instrumental voices and images across the stage. Dynamically, it is the best pre I've ever heard. More to come...

View attachment 11487

When you achieve that level of reproduction it is really exciting. Everything comes together,clarity,dynamics,speed,tonal balance,articulation,ect. Noise and distortion are so low that it has a dramatic effect on the speakers,they become perfect air pumps. The illusion is about as complete as it gets,but I think it can always get better. The interesting part is that I have always thought a true dual mono design and point to point wiring was a necessary part of the equation,no doubt the preamp is the heart of a system. I look forward to the review.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing