Pioneer Elite PRO-70X5FD

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Got a chance to see the new Pioneer Elite PRO-70X5FD in action this week while I was shopping for a new amp at HiFi Hawaii.

Started watching a Blu-ray of Avatar, I'm not a videophile, but it was hard to stop watching and start listening to amps.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Got a chance to see the new Pioneer Elite PRO-70X5FD in action this week while I was shopping for a new amp at HiFi Hawaii.

Started watching a Blu-ray of Avatar, I'm not a videophile, but it was hard to stop watching and start listening to amps.

Did the TV actual have the Pioneer name or the Sharp name on the TV? I thought that Panasonic got the Plasma patents and that Sharp got the LCD patents and that Pioneer was totally out of the manufacture of flat panel TVs.

Rich

Husk

Member Sponsor
Apr 20, 2010
Spokane, Wa.
It is made by Sharp but has the Elite name on it. They brought over a lot of Pioneer designers to develop it. They purchased the Elite name from from Pioneer. I have one on order.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I saw them briefly at CEDIA. They still had halos and artifacts of backlights but not as bad as many others. Sadly they were not showing them in low light environment like Pioneer used to so it was hard to judge the black level. Let's hope the fixed the severe colorimetry issues with current Sharp TVs.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
I saw them briefly at CEDIA. They still had halos and artifacts of backlights but not as bad as many others. Sadly they were not showing them in low light environment like Pioneer used to so it was hard to judge the black level. Let's hope the fixed the severe colorimetry issues with current Sharp TVs.

Amir,

The set up at Hifi Hawaii was calibrated for a low light environment.

Like I said, I'm not a videophile, but I couldn't take my eyes off that screen.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
I am really interested in bying this screen but I live in Europe. Does it have a universal PSU (120V and 240V) like the Pioneer Kuro screens? How about speakers? I prefer to separate the music system from the TV. From the manual it doesn't seem like this screen has accompanying speakers attachable to the screen like the Kuros. Any suggestions for wall mounted speakers to go with this screen?

Thanks,
Roysen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing