What are your favorite Comedy TV series?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
There were few episodes made of Fawlty Towers, but he each was fantastic. My fave. was the Germans episode, where Basil keeps telling everyone not to mention the war.
One of my favorites is the American asking for Waldorf Salad. Skip to Minute 11:00 on this and then watch the second one after that:

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
One of my favorites is the American asking for Waldorf Salad. Skip to Minute 11:00 on this and then watch the second one after that:

This is genius. I have a work colleague who showed me a picture sent from his friend (a lover of Brit comedy) of the menu from the Waldorf hotel. "Wanuts..."
Interestingly, I shared an appartment in Buffalo with a woman who claimed that the actor playing the American was not convinncing as an American.

Tom1356

Oct 16, 2011
There were few episodes made of Fawlty Towers, but he each was fantastic. My fave. was the Germans episode, where Basil keeps telling everyone not to mention the war.

"I mentioned the war once but I think I got away with it".

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Trigger Happy TV (UK version). This is the only TV show that has had me laughing to the point of tears. Most people either think it's really funny or just stupid; there's no in between. Comedy Central made a US version but it was short lived because it just wasn't funny. I would have to say that my favorite skit was the guy shouting loudly into a giant cell phone at random places.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I saw an episode or 2 long time ago, and I remember it was a funny show. "Allo Allo".

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's a riot Phil! I had not heard of the series. Wonder how I missed it! When did it come out?

Reminded me of something. We were once part of a multi-company, multi-national consortium setting a technology standard. It was time to to announce our efforts so one of the American companies volunteered to hire a PR/Ad agency to create the program for us. They come back with a video they produced which like above, was set using fake German accent. Imagine the awkwardness after the presenter finished playing the video and one of our board member companies reminding them they were a (major) German company! It was like forgetting that Ford is an American company....

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's a riot Phil! I had not heard of the series. Wonder how I missed it! When did it come out?

Reminded me of something. We were once part of a multi-company, multi-national consortium setting a technology standard. It was time to to announce our efforts so one of the American companies volunteered to hire a PR/Ad agency to create the program for us. They come back with a video they produced which like above, was set using fake German accent. Imagine the awkwardness after the presenter finished playing the video and one of our board member companies reminding them they were a (major) German company! It was like forgetting that Ford is an American company....

Amir,

LOL. That presenter must be red-faced after that. :D

Allo Allo came out in the early 80s, and I believe continued till the early 90s. I recall in the mid 80s I was living in a forlorn town away from my friends and my best friend was the good old TV and the Betamax. By chance I was flipping the channels and spotted an episode of Allo Allo and I almost laughed to tears on that one episode. Then for some reason, it disappeared.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This guy, Officer Crabtree, can give Chief Inspector Clouseau a run for his money. He plays a British spy posing as a policeman sent to France because he can speak French. However, he does not speak it well, resulting in constant mistranslations which is often hilarious.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Trigger Happy TV (UK version). This is the only TV show that has had me laughing to the point of tears. Most people either think it's really funny or just stupid; there's no in between. Comedy Central made a US version but it was short lived because it just wasn't funny. I would have to say that my favorite skit was the guy shouting loudly into a giant cell phone at random places.

The one that I found the best was when the main guy was dressed as a spy (trenchcoat, dark glasses) and he sat down to a woman on a park bench. He pushed a brief case towards her on the bench and asked, "Are you 'red fox'?" The woman looked confused, so he got up and walked out of view. Suddenly, someone dressed as a red fox appeared.

I guess it had to be seen. I may have the names wrong.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I saw an episode or 2 long time ago, and I remember it was a funny show. "Allo Allo".

Very funny series.

My favourites are:

Blackadder
Mr. Bean
Married With Children
Absolutely Fabulous
Allo Allo

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
My favorite comedy series was the early HBO series Dream On.

Does anybody remember that one?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
A bit before my time :(

Is it me or was Taxi also a show "about nothing"? I'll never forget the scene where Cristopher Lloyed snorted a brownie. ;) ;) ;)
Taxi has always been a favorite. #1episode for me and favorite comedy bit of all time is when Jim(Lloyd) goes to the DMV for a license application and test.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Taxi has always been a favorite. #1episode for me and favorite comedy bit of all time is when Jim(Lloyd) goes to the DMV for a license application and test.

That and who can forget Elaine and the blue dress.

Love that show to this day.

Love everything mentioned here so far, Get Smart probably my number one go to.

The Bob Newhart show (70's) is a pisser, roll to that one.

SledgeHammer and Son of the Beach are two short lived shows I really enjoy.

Monty Python, Benny Hill, Kids in the Hall are a few others.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
2 favorites as a teen were Giligans Island and Get Smart, but Taxi is on of my all time faves.

I agree

Get Smart for us was always on a Friday which interfered with High School dance nights as all the guys stayed home to watch it in his own "cone of silence"/......"would you believe"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing