What are your favorite Comedy TV series?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My all-time favorite is Three's Company. There's something in it that was so 'matched' to my own life in those times that I would videotape the episodes and watch them countless of times till my tapes actually got worn out. Finally, after so much delaying, I finally ordered Seasons 4-8 on DVD and it arrived a few days ago. Amazingly my wife who was only 10 during its 1st Season loves it so much she is laughing even more than me each night when we watch. Don Knots aka Ralph Furley is the reason why I chose seasons 4-8, as he was the new landlord here. The Ropers were funny but RF was hilarious as a 60 year old ladies' man. All characters are funny as always. Aside from this, I liked The Cosby Show too but somehow I couldn't connect with TV comedies starting from the mid-90s.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
My all-time favorite is Three's Company. There's something in it that was so 'matched' to my own life in those times that I would videotape the episodes and watch them countless of times till my tapes actually got worn out. Finally, after so much delaying, I finally ordered Seasons 4-8 on DVD and it arrived a few days ago. Amazingly my wife who was only 10 during its 1st Season loves it so much she is laughing even more than me each night when we watch. Don Knots aka Ralph Furley is the reason why I chose seasons 4-8, as he was the new landlord here. The Ropers were funny but RF was hilarious as a 60 year old ladies' man. All characters are funny as always. Aside from this, I liked The Cosby Show too but somehow I couldn't connect with TV comedies starting from the mid-90s.

More of a drama fan than comedy, but if you want to get into the wayback machine, I think The Bob Newhart Show is pretty hard to beat. Either version, though the best...and maybe the best TV comedy episode ever, was the last episode of the 2nd Bob Newhart Show, when he woke up in bed with the wife from the first Bob Newhart show, and the entire 2nd series had been a dream.....just brilliant!

Tim

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Current would probably be Modern Family. All time? Seinfeld and Married with Children are up there for me. If cartoons count, I never get tired of The Simpsons.

repman

Apr 2, 2011
Kennesaw, Ga
Mary Tyler Moore show, the dynamics between the characters was a work of art.

Honorable mention goes to the" Honeymooners "

Attachments

• the-mary-tyler-m&#11.jpg
    the-mary-tyler-m&#11.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The 3 Stooges. There were lots of episodes that really made me laugh hard. My wife's sister gave her a bunch of DVDs of these funny guys years ago and they are still very funny. The sound effects make the scenes funnier.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I must say those series taped before a live audience were something else. It seems that hearing people laugh as the scenes unfold makes the episodes more enjoyable. Kinda watching a comedy in a movie house with all guys around you laughing like crazy.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
I am also a big Three's Company fan. Even my wife and daughters (9 and 13 years old) are big fans of this comedy series. I have the dvds of all 8 seasons plus the special edition of John Ritter's 5 favorite episodes.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I am also a big Three's Company fan. Even my wife and daughters (9 and 13 years old) are big fans of this comedy series. I have the dvds of all 8 seasons plus the special edition of John Ritter's 5 favorite episodes.

That's great to hear, Mullard. My 2 kids are now watching the series with us at night before going to bed and they are laughing very loud at the antics of the cast and the story line. I know my kids to be averse to old stuffs (even music) so I'm pleasantly surprised they loved 3's company.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
All In The Family has to be in every one's top 10. Who can forget when Sammy Davis Jr (the black Jew) kissed Archie on his cheek

Very funny scene, Steve.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing