Best Action Scenes on Blu-Ray

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
some recent ones I enjoyed

Lobby Scene of The Matrix

Just saw The Matrix again after several years on DVD with my teen son the other night and he loved it! The opening scene wherein Trinity was flying up with a praying mantis stance is a classic posture and the fight scene with the cops was fantastic. Classic line by Mr. Smith to the chief police: 'your men.......are already deaaaad.'. :D The lobby heavy gunfire scene and the rooftop bullet scene were great too. I told my son, look, those monochrome computer monitors were the grand daddies of your LCD colored flat screens. :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have found a blu-ray that does some fun visual...but [more importantly?] some cool testing of your system. Everyone knows about the latest Tron...after recalibrating my sub many months ago, i stuck this blu-ray back in for fun the other weekend...the typical watch the whole movie in 15 minutes...there is a scene in the very beginning when he is first zapped into the Tron world...watch out for your subs when that happens. the 'boom' is stellar...much stronger and more powerful with nearly the same snap as the Star Trek warp speed boom.

the other is the Expendables...nearly everything in the movie will test for your subs! The motorcycles arriving and parking in the very beginning are stunning, i mean its like they're parking in your living room. The guttural stuttur of the motor when it slows down in the parking garage is just plain stupid audiophile bass fun. The gattling guns during the airplane explosion will be fun (for your neighbors!). Even the opening fight scene with the hostage takers...wait for that first shotgun blast...whew!

I have a Velodyne DD18...only one...not 3 and not a JL Gotham or anything...and this film's bass actually makes my pants flap. Now that's cool! Have fun...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing