Krell Processors

JackX

Nov 22, 2010
Oslo, Norway

JackX

Nov 22, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Hi there RBFC.

That page is written in Norwegian. Using http://www.translate.google.com will give you some details you else will miss, I guess ;)

Yes, I'm very happy with the EVO 707! As you saw at those pages I've decided to go full out on both LP's, CD and (DVD) BR's. To minimize as much as possible on the compromising technical issues when it comes to pre-amplifying LP's and CD (CAST) & prossessing the audio signal on a 5.1 BR/DVD silver plate I simply had to opt for best out there. For me it was an easy task, having had Krell's previous processors in my setups. Those who have an experience with both EVO TWO and EVO 202 states the 707 sits quite comfortably right there in the middle! I've listened to the 202 at various venues, and the 202 sounds just beautyfully in my ears, and with the added quality in the 707 I can't be anything but a happy puppy. With the new software based ARES (AUTOMATIC ROOM EQUALIZATION SYSTEM) in the 707 you can tailor make the sound according to your rooms physical boundaries and possibilites, as well as your own seating preferences.

To further enhance the sound quality I experience using the 707 as my HUB I've got a full CAST setup (using the sensational Zensati CAST cable system), and I wouldn't live without it.

Cheers!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
That's an incredible setup, JackX! I couldn't get my computer to translate the page, though.

Are you pleased with the performance of the 707?

Lee

Google Chrome will translate the whole thing for you Lee

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
translate.google took care of it easily. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Jack, I also have an EVO403, and it is an incredible ampllifier. I'm hoping to add a Krell processor when funds are available. Thanks for the information!

Lee

JackX

Nov 22, 2010
Oslo, Norway
translate.google took care of it easily. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Jack, I also have an EVO403, and it is an incredible amplifier. I'm hoping to add a Krell processor when funds are available. Thanks for the information!

Lee

Yes, it's a brilliant amplifier! The Norwegian Krell distributor borrowed my EVO 403 when he had run short on amplifiers in a hiend-fair in Horten (small town in Norway)

Have a look at this thread (warning: many images!)

http://www.hifisentralen.no/forum/index.php/topic,47942.msg955165.html#msg955165

He had paired the EVO 403 with EVO 525 and EVO Two (!), hooking up a pair of Wilson Sasha's to the amp. Star of the whole show, if I might add.

Cheers!

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Jack,

I'll have my S1200 processor in a few weeks. Looking forward to this big upgrade! Thanks for sharing the photos of your system!

Lee

Looking forward to hearing you impressions.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Almost finished the hookup and calibrating of the new S-1200 processor. First impressions, without speaker level calibration and some other fine tuning, is that this unit possesses incredible clarity. The whole soundstage just opened up and the speakers became far more detached from the soundfield. I'll have more to report over the next few days as I get things dialed in.

Lee

JackX

Nov 22, 2010
Oslo, Norway
I'm thrilled you liked it!
Haven't seen your setup: do you have images taken of it posted on the Net?
---
Me myself am eagerly awaiting EVO 555 .. initially supposed to be launched 2Q 2010 .. now postphoned 2Q 2011 :(

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I'm thrilled you liked it!
Haven't seen your setup: do you have images taken of it posted on the Net?
---
Me myself am eagerly awaiting EVO 555 .. initially supposed to be launched 2Q 2010 .. now postphoned 2Q 2011 :(

Currently repositioning all the electronics, so new pictures will follow in a few weeks. While not the big 707, I believe the analog pass-through and the DACs are extremely good.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing