Anyone Up To Wing Suit Base Jumping

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I jumped out of a plan once. I prefer terra firma. I think my nut size must have shrunk over the years or I 'm trying to be more risk averse the older I get.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Check your local listings. At least on DirecTV, this coming Sunday (2/12), at 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, National Geographic Channel (channel 276), in High Def, there is airing a show entitled The Man Who Can Fly. The show's description is as follows: "Dean Potter, who set the record for the longest flight in a wing suit, trains to break his own record."

I've already set my DVR.

Ron

I can't find a similar listing at 5:00 on my Comcast cable

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Police scour video footage of wingsuit jump that killed Olympics James Bond stuntman

By Sam Marsden, Alexandra Williams and Olivia Goldhill

Mark Sutton, 42, died when he crashed into a mountain ridge near Mont Blanc in the Alps at a speed of up to 150mph after jumping from a helicopter at 10,800ft (3,300m) on a wing-dive.
The former Army officer, who had worked in the City for more than 17 years, had been taking part in the first day of an event organised by French extreme sports online channel Epic TV.
He famously doubled for James Bond actor Daniel Craig for a section of the London Games curtain-raiser in which he and fellow stuntman Gary Connery, who was dressed as the Queen, jumped from a helicopter into the Olympic stadium using Union flag parachutes.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...that-killed-Olympics-James-Bond-stuntman.html

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing