Hancock and Moore HT seating

Dr_jitsu

Jun 17, 2011
Well, part of my seating.

I was driving by a furniture store that was going out of business, and popped in. I realized that I have been so obsessed w/ finishing my HT, that I never though about good seating.

My living room consists of 2 Henredon couches (back when their stuff was made in North Carolina) and one Hancock and Moore chair. I realized that my seating was less than optimal I picked up a pair of Berkline 45088 seats on an impulse buy.

I then thought, "hmm, maybe I should get something really good for my MLP. So, I researched everyday (Berkline is low/middle grade furniture, H and M is the top) and decided I was either going to order from a guy who runs a web site and has good prices on H and M, but only after I went to my local high end furniture store and got some seat time. They were also having a 50% off sale (of course they mark everything up 300% first).

Long story short, I came away w/ a Hancock and Moore Austin chair in buttery leather that is very comfortable.

It is going to be delivered next sat. Now If I can just get someone to take one of my Sofas off my hands.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
A classic case of “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” That chair reminds me of a Shar Pei.

Dr_jitsu

Jun 17, 2011
Looks great in person and is the most comfortable chair I have sat in.

The key is that I want to be somewhat upright when I watch a movie (not in full recline) yet still comfy. This chair does it perfectly.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I wouldn't know about Ashley and Yuan Tai. I love my big daddy pimp chair.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing