Foobar made easy

Vincent Kars

WBF Technical Expert: Computer Audio
Jul 1, 2010
Foobar’s Peter Pawlowski has developed a new audio player.
It is a CD player style interface so as simple as one could get.

http://perkele.cc/software/boom

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks vincent. I am puzzled by the need for this player. Are people having trouble figuring out how to play tracks in current popular media players?

mojave

Oct 29, 2010
Elkhorn, NE
It find it ironic that it is a CD style interface, but in the "Noteworthy features currently missing" it says "No audio CD playback."

Vincent Kars

WBF Technical Expert: Computer Audio
Jul 1, 2010
Personally I detest this type of interfaces.
I like to have a good GUI allowing me to have a excellent overview of my collection.
On the other hand there a lot of players with CD player style interface.
Just like the first cars where pretty much a carriage without a horse.

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
Peter is an awesome developer, and I use FooBar2000 as my 'audiophile' player.

But he is not a UI/UX designer, and while well meaning, Boom is descriptive of my reaction to this offering, it just went bust.

There are other design worthy of copying, so my recommendation to Peter: steal others UX and put it on top of your awesome quality audio reproduction tech.

Better yet, enable that new UX to load fancy settings presets created in FooBar2000. That way savvy audiophiles can help their less technical friends enjoy quality audio reproduction with a UI they can deal with.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing