iPhone 5 Announcement By New CEO

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Tuesday, October 4.

That’s the day Apple is currently expected to hold its next big media event, according to sources close to the situation, where the tech giant will unveil the next iteration of its popular iPhone.

While there have been a lot of conflicting reports about the exact timing of the event, including some that pegged it as taking place this month, AllThingsD had previously posted that the rollout of the iPhone 5 would be in October.........

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apples-Next-Event-to-Be-Held-allthingsd-3552050978.html?x=0

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Once it shows up in the Verizon stores, my wife and I will be first in line.

I have learned that the iPhone 4 that Verizon sells in not the same iPhone 4 that AT&T sells and is quite inferior in a number of ways. An acquaintance of my wife works on (repairs them, etc) the iPhone and said the Verizon phone, according to him, appears to be almost an after thought (e.g. no sim card). Unfortunately, that has been my experience.

That said, i NEVER had any issues with my iPhone 3GS on AT&T and am on my second iPhone 4 with Verizon. Apple replaced it and it continues to exhibit the same problems. In my case, (and according to many I have spoken to, I'm not the only one), while speaking on the phone, the screen comes alive (a sensor on the phone is supposed to keep that from happening) and my ear will touch something on the now active screen (usually the "mute" button) and not good things happen. It drives me and the person on the other end, crazy.

On the network side, with AT&T I would get disconnected AT LEAST 4 to 5 times per day. It has only happened 4 times in 5 months with Verizon.

Given that I own an iMac, two iPads (and purchasing another one for my theater), two Mac Books and two iPhones, I'm a big Apple fan (and have been since 1978 when I purchased an Apple IIe). But my current iPhone 4 is crappy!

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
My experience with Telco's is that they all are slimeballs, with AT&T and Verizon leading the pack. After working with AT&T as a consultant and having a look inside, i can never give them another dime because they absolutely derive joy in cheating the customer. I have a Verizon iPhone 4 and find that the problems I have are similar to the ones with AT&T iPhones and probably more a function of iPhone design on the phone side than AT&T or Verizon. It takes little scrutiny to realize that AT&T is a genetic liar by the way they claim that their network is G4 when in fact it is little more than an enhanced G3. They do not care about the truth and never have. Steve Jobs said it himself, G4 is not clearly enough defined and the technology is not yet there for a G4 iPhone.

Steve Williams

Well here is the latest rumor on the street......

The iPhone 5 will be available only for Sprint and that ATT &Verizon are only getting the iphone 4Gs. Apparently the word is Sprint bought $20B of iPhone 5's for exclusive accessibility

Steve Williams

Here are some salient points about the phone as well as some links......

Apple unveils iPhone 4S at Tuesday iPhone event

Apple unveiled a new iPhone Tuesday where the most significant changes -- including new voice control features -- are all on the smartphone's inside. The iPhone 4S highlighted a press event where Apple also announced release dates for iOS 5 and its iCloud online storage and sync service as well as a new card design app for iOS devices.

While it retains many of the outer features of the iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S runs on a A5 processor and features camera improvements and a new wireless system aimed at better call quality and faster download speeds. But it's the iPhone 4S's voice-controlled features that make this model stand out, according to our initial report on the iPhone 4S:

http://www.macworld.com/article/162650/2011/10/apple_unveils_iphone_4s.html?lsrc=newsalert

Apple also offered more details on iCloud, the cloud-based storage and syncing service that will replace MobileMe. A new geolocation app called Find My Friends joins the other iCloud features Apple first unveiled in June. Users can sign up for iCloud on October 12.

http://www.macworld.com/article/162...icial_debut_on_october_12.html?lsrc=newsalert

October 12 is also the debut date for iOS 5, the next version of Apple's mobile operating system. That's about the extent of the news Apple unveiled about its iOS update on Tuesday; the rest of the presentation largely recapped iOS 5 features first announced in June.

http://www.macworld.com/article/162642/2011/10/ios_5_to_ship_october_12.html?lsrc=newsalert

While Apple's invitation to Tuesday's event highlighted the iPhone, the iPod lineup also underwent a modest revamp. The iPod nano saw its price cut on both the 8GB and 16GB models. Its multitouch display also features larger icons to make it easier to navigate through the music player. The iPod touch now comes in a white model, and the price of the 8GB touch fell $30 to $199.

http://www.macworld.com/article/162...es_ipod_nano_touch_models.html?lsrc=newsalert

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I've been using Siri for a couple of years -- used to be a free download. It's a supercool program that it sounds like they've improved in many ways.

Steve Williams

I like the ability to crop and correct your photos right in the iPhone. That is a feature in Camer + which is a $1.99 download. It has all of the same features as well as many filters and stability control

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing