Avior

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
The Coltrane 2 is an under rated speaker. :)

Myles , glad you mentioned it , sure does fly under the radar .

Hi jazzhead, no sweat at all!!

In fact as I see it u don't take any prisoners anyways! That's a killer system u have yourself. (-:

Thanks Sujay , hoping for system grounding to push things further along ... Cheers

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
image.jpg
Hi everyone, I have tried to post a snap of my system. Not sure if it has uploaded......confess I am a little challenged when it comes to this. By the way, the Aviors continue to stun!

Cheers

Sujay

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Sujay, VERY nice pic and beautiful room !

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Beautiful room and the Aviors look great!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
View attachment 15976
Hi everyone, I have tried to post a snap of my system. Not sure if it has uploaded......confess I am a little challenged when it comes to this. By the way, the Aviors continue to stun!

Cheers

Sujay

Beautiful! What are those shelves under the Burmesters?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Thanks, thanks! They sound incredibly good.......

As a Rockport owner...I know they do ! I've heard the Avior many times at my dealer...it's a amazing speaker ! Congrats !

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Beautiful room and the Aviors look great!

Thanks!! Not surprisingly, i spend almost my entire waking time at home listening to music in this room. It is just positively addictive......

But I have restricted my 'concert level' rock listening sessions to 30 minutes at one go just to preserve my ears. It is scary how loud one can play undistorted music without realizing the actual SPL levels!!!

Thanks again!

Sujay

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
As a Rockport owner...I know they do ! I've heard the Avior many times at my dealer...it's a amazing speaker ! Congrats !

Thanks, jfrech.
By the way, I notice you have the shunyata triton/typhon combination as your conditioner. Grateful for your views on these.
I am actually looking at a Bryston BIT 16 isolation cum surge protection solution for power conditioning. I realise that the shunyata does not have surge protection.

Apologies if this is off-topic.

Cheers

Sujay

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Beautiful! What are those shelves under the Burmesters?

Thanks a lot!

I got this custom made in South Africa from a guy who specializes, amongst others, in making, purpose built, acoustically friendly accessories. The top shelf carrying the source and preamp and the platforms beneath the 911s are made of multiple layers of MDF. The frame is made of solid hard wood. And he uses automotive grade paint. Needless to say, it is very, very heavy.
By the way, I do realize that the TV is a bit of an aberration in the mix.....but a necessary evil!!

Cheers

Sujay

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Sujay
Congrats again. Much sonic happiness awaits you. Would seriously recommend the Triton/Typhon combo and yes the Triton does surge protection. If possible do explore a dedicated 20amp line for your gear with a dedicated ground in the back garden . Did that for my Wavacs and yes, it was better than a system upgrade.
You are hereby inducted as Senior VP, Avior Admiration Society for Africa:)
Pradeep
Founder-President, Avior Admiration Society

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks a lot!

I got this custom made in South Africa from a guy who specializes, amongst others, in making, purpose built, acoustically friendly accessories. The top shelf carrying the source and preamp and the platforms beneath the 911s are made of multiple layers of MDF. The frame is made of solid hard wood. And he uses automotive grade paint. Needless to say, it is very, very heavy.
By the way, I do realize that the TV is a bit of an aberration in the mix.....but a necessary evil!!

Cheers

Sujay

Very nice!

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Sujay
Congrats again. Much sonic happiness awaits you. Would seriously recommend the Triton/Typhon combo and yes the Triton does surge protection. If possible do explore a dedicated 20amp line for your gear with a dedicated ground in the back garden . Did that for my Wavacs and yes, it was better than a system upgrade.
You are hereby inducted as Senior VP, Avior Admiration Society for Africa:)
Pradeep
Founder-President, Avior Admiration Society

Thanks Pradeep! Indeed an honor to be inducted into the Rockport hall of fame. I would love to get a dedicated circuit made. Unfortunately, I currently live in a leased place, which puts a brake on how much I can change the config! I don't want to invest the time and energy doing this only to move out in a couple of years - a price I am paying for being a perpetual nomad! But I hear you loud and clear. Someday, hopefully........
I will give the triton/typhon combo a listen soon. Although, when I spoke to a few people they felt the bryston conditioner with the massive plitron toroidal transformer might suit my needs better, overall. Lets see..

Thanks again Pradeep. I am looking forward to listening to your system when I am in India next!

Cheers

Sujay

Cheers

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Sujay
I hear you loud and clear. I have no idea of SA labor costs but this is a sub USD 500 investment. Actually a lot less.
Anyway something to ponder over as you cue your next LP... Ouch cd in your case
NJoy
Pradeep

Last edited:

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Sujay
I hear you loud and clear. I have no idea of SA labor costs but this is a sub USD 500 investment. Actually a lot less.
Anyway something to ponder over as cue your next LP... Ouch cd in your case
NJoy
Pradeep

Actually, I didn't realize it will cost only that much. Let me see who can do it for me. I do realize that it will be worth the effort!

Thanks pradeep!

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
great stuff, Audioblazer. Thanks for posting. Nice system, Thf99! Congrats and enjoy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing