Samuel Adams Utopias

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I happened to be in BevMo yesterday and came across this beer by Sam Adams. Aged for at least 16 years and has an alcohol content of 27%. But wait, there's more.... a single bottle is $150.
Has anyone tried it?

I remember many years ago in Paris I had a bottle of beer called Diablo which they claimed had the highest alcohol content at 15%. It was quite potent

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Let me do the math here: $150/$16.00 = 9.375 cases of beer x 24 bottles = 225 long neck bottles of Miller Lite vice 1 bottle of very expensive beer. Uh, no, I haven't tried it.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Let me do the math here: $150/$16.00 = 9.375 cases of beer x 24 bottles = 225 long neck bottles of Miller Lite vice 1 bottle of very expensive beer. Uh, no, I haven't tried it.

LOL! Too funny and I agree (although I'd skip the Miller Lite and make it MDG)!

And Steve...I'll try it if you send me one!

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
They probably have a thread on the beer forum titled "How Much Is Too Much" with members bitching about the price, questioning folks who buy such expensive beer and debating what beer measurments correspond to beer quality ;)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Steve-I read about this when it first came out. This is not a beer you pour into a mug and drink like a regular beer. It is quite a different animal. It's just not something I would spend $150 on.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Good stuff, finished mine about a month ago, sips like a brandy. Nothing like one would think...from a brewer

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It should come with a lap dance or two.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
They probably have a thread on the beer forum titled "How Much Is Too Much" with members bitching about the price, questioning folks who buy such expensive beer and debating what beer measurments correspond to beer quality ;)

A case for Double Blind Tasting aka DBT :)

I thought the thread was about JM Lab Utopia speakers ...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It came with 3, but they didn't last as long as the bottle, about 3 yrs.

How was the beer and lap dance synergy? ;)

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
A waste of money if you ask me.

Cheers!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing