Getting a repair at Theta has been difficult, BUT

Bulldogger

Apr 20, 2010
Clinton,MS
I contacted Carl at Theta today to inquire about the capability of Theta to offer repairs and timely ones. Here's the response I got,"Hello Mr. Magee:

Theta Digital is working overtime on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays when the factory is normally closed to catch up on open orders and service units. I do apologize on behalf of the brand that things have taken so very long, but things really are getting better after the move from Agoura Hills to Montebello!" I have had experience with a few companies now out of business. Usually when you asks questions like this you get vague answers if those companies are on the rocks. This is however, what I would consider a more specific answer and I believe it is likely an honest statement. Comments?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Steve Bruzonsky

May 15, 2010
Neil is Gone from Theta in body and mind yet the "we are providing an upgrade" or in Bulldogger's case, a "repair", is still going on.

Dwin the other year had repair issues before they went out of business, too.

LesAuber

Jun 21, 2010
That is good customer service. The question that comes is, is this due to wanting to maintain some semblance of a reputation or simply because they had stock on hand they couldn't move?

Bulldogger

Apr 20, 2010
Clinton,MS
It was taking too long for the repair because of the relocation of the factory. It was easier to just give me a replacement.

Bulldogger

Apr 20, 2010
Clinton,MS
This thread crossed my mind recently. Once the rush of upgrades starts, I am curious to see who they will keep up with repairs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing