New Music Piece for Vinyl Lovers

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
A bit OT, but the Dire Straits "Love Over Gold" was being thrashed in every audio shop as a demo of CD sound when I started to get into sound again, way back when. Even on the primitive Philips player of the day it impressed, a pleasant memory ...

Frank

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
A bit OT, but the Dire Straits "Love Over Gold" was being thrashed in every audio shop as a demo of CD sound when I started to get into sound again, way back when. Even on the primitive Philips player of the day it impressed, a pleasant memory ...

Frank

Dire Straits was a great live band! Saw them perform at the Meadowlands in NJ with Deborah Harry/Blondie (minus Chris Stein) as the opening act. Harry's comeback was a bomb as her voice was sadly, shot.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
A great list! Love Over Gold is a great album, and Telegraph ranks as one of my favourite tracks, if not THE favourtite. Not too keen on the title track, however...

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Myles -

Thanks! Got a few on the list, but the 'wish list' just got a little longer...sigh

I was curious about your comments regarding the bass on Mulligan Meets Webster. I think I can understand what you are reporting. Until recently in my system, the bass was subdued but recent changes have definitely resulted in a different presentation with more balanced sound. In fact, I used my spare copy to dial in speaker placement. It's a great performance and other than the occasional ticks that seem to come with the ORG releases, a great pressing.

Thanks again.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The best Dire Straits album for me will always be their first.

andi

Apr 9, 2012
Germany
Dire Straits was a great live band!

Hi Myles,

you are so right.
Saw them several times when I was young. My place was in the 1st row, only two meters from MK. Incredible to see his fast playing.
Still love to play the records.

Andreas

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi Myles,

you are so right.
Saw them several times when I was young. My place was in the 1st row, only two meters from MK. Incredible to see his fast playing.
Still love to play the records.

Andreas

:cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing