Logitech Squeezebox Touch?

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
I've got a 50% off coupon code good towards anything Logitech sells on their website and I was thinking of using for a Squeezebox Touch.

Admittedly, I haven't done a ton of research on it yet but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with one?

I currently stream Pandora through my laptop and it would be kind of nice to have a standalone streamer. I saw a while ago that it doesn't support the 192k bitrate of Pandora One but couldn't find any current info on it. I'm guessing this is still so?

I also don't have very much of my CD collection ripped to my computer yet. Call me old fashioned but I enjoy spinning CDs in my Nuforce Oppo BDP-83. I'm guessing the DAC in the Touch isn't nearly as good as my Oppo or does it sound pretty good?

I was also thinking of building a HTPC down the road, but at this time I don't think I really need one. Would I be better off putting my money toward a HTPC instead of the Squeezebox and spending my 50% off on another product or giving it away for that matter? I have until the 6th to make a decision.

Thanks,

Matt

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
The Touch is an excellent device. Have been using SBs for years, and remain unconvinced that more expensive streamers and HTPCs do any better than them. It will serve you well regardless of what you wind up using as an HTPC.

The DAC may not be as good as the Nuforce Oppo, but the Touch outputs a low jitter signal for whatever DAC you choose if you go that route.

What the Touch doesn't support is 24/192 (sampling rate not bitrate) from its digital out, 'only' 24/96. It'll support the higher Pandora bitrate just fine, and that service, along with many others, is built into it. For $150 it's a no brainer IMO.

Last edited:

R Johnson

Jul 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm going to give it a try. If I don't like it I should be able to break even on it if nothing else.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing