Eye Candy

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
The Caeles System, improved and special version October 2016.
Yes in a way a Mini Apolyt, the Apolyt comes with an even more sophisticated air bearing which needs not so much pressure.
I switched to a quite sophisticated compressor system from Dürr, now feeding the air bearing, the air dampened feet of the Caeles and also my Kuzma Airline at 5 bar. You were right assuming something would change

Best
E.

www.AudioCirc.com A96C4360.JPG

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The Caeles System, improved and special version October 2016.
Yes in a way a Mini Apolyt, the Apolyt comes with an even more sophisticated air bearing which needs not so much pressure.
I switched to a quite sophisticated compressor system from Dürr, now feeding the air bearing, the air dampened feet of the Caeles and also my Kuzma Airline at 5 bar. You were right assuming something would change

Best
E.
Just read the technical description of the prototype at eBay - really impressive. Congratulations!
Can I ask what is the pressure of the air bearing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sigeSM2kRNM&feature=youtu.be

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Microstrip, pressure is 32SL/Min at 5 bar
Peter, two different companies but paralell development - nevertheless some differences

Best
E.

www.AudioCirc.com

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Microstrip, pressure is 32SL/Min at 5 bar (...)
Best
E.

www.AudioCirc.com

Thanks - I thing our friends of the other side of the Atlantic will be happy to know it is around 1.13 Scfm at 73 PSI .

It needs a more powerful compressor than the usual air bearing arms or turntables - do you keep it in the listening room?

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Microstrip, when I built my listening room I put a 10m air cable in the walls leading to a side room. Here one of my compressors is working. It is automatically steered by the application in the listening room.

Best
E.

www.AudioCirc.com

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Has anyone ever seen, heard or own a Goldmund Reference turntable they supposedly made a few years back?

Goldmund-ReferenceII.jpg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have heard one at f1eng's place, he has it with the ortofon a90 through a Devialet into the Tune Audio Anima. Actually, probably the first time I asked someone to play a TT instead of digital was when I first visited him. ddk has one but he has not been using it. Another person outside London has 2 of these to go with his 2 thorens ref, multiple Techdas, Vyger, SPJ, etc...I forget his id here since he does not post frequently. Detlof has one but it has been so highly modded it is probably nothing like the original.

Though somewhere on the net there was a post that one of the Goldmund guys said they preferred the Studio sonically.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have heard one at f1eng's place, he has it with the ortofon a90 through a Devialet into the Tune Audio Anima. Actually, probably the first time I asked someone to play a TT instead of digital was when I first visited him. ddk has one but he has not been using it. Another person outside London has 2 of these to go with his 2 thorens ref, multiple Techdas, Vyger, SPJ, etc...I forget his id here since he does not post frequently. Detlof has one but it has been so highly modded it is probably nothing like the original.

Though somewhere on the net there was a post that one of the Goldmund guys said they preferred the Studio sonically.

Ked

Are you talking about the original made in the 80's with the linear tracking tonearm or the new mk2 made several years ago that I am asking about.

What arm did f1eng's have?

I thought ddk had the original table per below?

857593-goldmund-reference-turntable-with-t3f-linear-tracking-tonearm-very-rare.jpg

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I love the old school classic look of the Acoustic Signature Triple X:

signaturexxx.JPG

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Ked

Are you talking about the original made in the 80's with the linear tracking tonearm or the new mk2 made several years ago that I am asking about.

What arm did f1eng's have?

I thought ddk had the original table per below?

View attachment 35119

This is the one that I have, not the last one for $250k you're enquiring about.
david

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Oh sorry Shane, I was talking about the no. Had no idea there was a 250k mk2

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Have to admit I like DDK mk1 better :)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
This is the one that I have, not the last one for $250k you're enquiring about.
david

That is what I thought. I was trying to understand if the mk2 is real or vaporware.

ferrari275

Jan 18, 2018
United States
Quote Originally Posted by MylesBAstor View Post
Besides their sonics, many of today's turntables could be featured in The Museum of Modern Art (put the B&O crap in the dumpster where it belongs!).

Which manufacturer's effort do you think epitomizes high-end audio eye candy?

One table that I think fits that category is Judy Spotheim's SPJ La Luce CS Centroventi turntable:

Below are some of my favorites!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing