FS: VPI Classic 1 Walnut Base Package, Benz Micro Glider SM Cartridge

joe1515

May 26, 2010
New York
I am selling my VPI Classic 1 Turntable Walnut Base with Benz Micro Glider SM, Periphery Ring Clamp, and HRX Center Weight. I would prefer local sale, however I will ship. I live in Bayport, New York.

VPI Classic is the first production run, Walnut Base.

Table is in good condition; however there is a small 1 inch chip on the right side of the base along with a few small marks. A small piece of the walnut base chipped off. I glued it back on ,but if you look close you can see it. I would rate overall 7 out of 10 to be conservative. I have all original boxing, packaging, and manuals.

Package includes;

1. VPI Classic 1 Turntable Walnut Base first production Run (Retail Price $2,750)

2. VPI Periphery Ring Clamp (Retail Price $700)

3. VPI HRX Center Weight (Retail Price $150)

4. Benz Micro Glider SM Cartridge (Retail Price $1,200) .8mV and 24 ohms

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you would like to see pictures.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
A one inch chip is huge. A two inch chip is massive. As the original owner, how did you do that?

joe1515

May 26, 2010
New York
Hi Rich,

Nice to hear from you. I have been following your threads and I hope you get your tape machine soon.

I sold off my 2 channel system, which consisted of a McIntosh MA2275 and ARC PH5. I will eventually go with an all Shindo system and ideally I will get the Shindo 301 Player System. Not sure the time frame, however.

Joe

Last edited:

joe1515

May 26, 2010
New York
A one inch chip is huge. A two inch chip is massive. As the original owner, how did you do that?

You are right 2 inches is way to big, the chip is just about one inch. I posted the link to the audiogon listing which has pictures of the table and of the chip.

The hrx center weight accidentally slipped out of my hand and hit the side of the table.

Thank you,
Joe

Last edited:

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Hi Rich,

Nice to hear from you. I have been following your threads and I hope you get your tape machine soon.

I sold off my 2 channel system, which consisted of a McIntosh MA2275 and ARC PH5. I will eventually go with an all Shindo system and ideally I will get the Shindo 301 Player System. Not sure the time frame, however.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks. OK. Good luck with that. You should try to get to the OMA show room in NYC before making the Shindo purchase. A lot of Shindo owners have switched to an OMA system.

Jonathan Weis has a new showroom in SOHO located in the Cable Building at the corner of Broadway & Houston Street. 611 Broadway -room 716- New York, NY 10012. By appointment only.

http://www.oswaldsmillaudio.com/Products/contact.html

http://www.oswaldsmillaudio.com/Products/products.html

Rich

joe1515

May 26, 2010
New York
Hi Joe,

Thanks. OK. Good luck with that. You should try to get to the OMA show room in NYC before making the Shindo purchase. A lot of Shindo owners have switched to an OMA system.

Jonathan Weis has a new showroom in SOHO located in the Cable Building at the corner of Broadway & Houston Street. 611 Broadway -room 716- New York, NY 10012. By appointment only.

http://www.oswaldsmillaudio.com/Products/contact.html

http://www.oswaldsmillaudio.com/Products/products.html

Rich

Thanks Rich. I saw that about his new showroom. I planned on checking out OMA before I ultimately make the final purchase. Which will not be for some time :( I really like his products and his philosophy.

Thanks,
Joe

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Hi Joe,

Just ran across this listing. How did things go? Any closer to making a final decision/purchase?

joe1515

May 26, 2010
New York
Hi Joe,

Just ran across this listing. How did things go? Any closer to making a final decision/purchase?

Hi Fred,

Everything has been sold with the exception of the Benz Cartridge. It is still for sale. If anyone is interested I am asking $499.99 obo plus shipping.

My finale decision and purchase will not be for quite some time. I am leaning toward an all shindo system.

Thanks,
Joe

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing