Purepower mains conditioners

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The Purepower line of mains conditioners is now available in my country. Although I have always been skeptical about power re-generators, the voltage regulation and protection features are a welcome bonus in this unit. I have just learned that two good friends bough them. What is the opinion of the WBF members about these units, mainly the APS model 2000?

BTW, does any know if these units insulate the output from the input mains?

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
The Purepower line of mains conditioners is now available in my country. Although I have always been skeptical about power re-generators, the voltage regulation and protection features are a welcome bonus in this unit. I have just learned that two good friends bough them. What is the opinion of the WBF members about these units, mainly the APS model 2000?

BTW, does any know if these units insulate the output from the input mains?

I have a 2000 for the 3 amps in my theater (LCR). They have a 60hz crossover to the subs and the max output on the 2000 is about 50%. I have the smaller unit for my rear speakers, front end gear and pj.

Because of the battery, u can actually draw more current (for an instant) than the wall delivers. I did this with my previous Bryston 7b amps driving my speakers to ear crushing sound levels just to see what would happen.

Highly recommended!!!!!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Thanks! Never considered this aspect of the increased peak power before. Do you know how long do the batteries last before needing replacement?

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Maybe someone can comment, but arent the internal fans a bit noisy compared to say PSAudio?
Not a problem if a large room/seperate area for the regen gear.

Cheers
Orb

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
The fan on the 2000 have more noise than I like. And since it is in the listening room, I am builidng a "hush box" that will allow air flow into and out of it but will use OC703 inside and some off-set chambers to signficiantly reduce the sound. (or so that is the plan :D)

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Hope it works out Audioguy.
And thanks for the headsup on the noise as well.
Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing