Purity Audio Design Reference & Silver Statement linestage reviews are out

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
www.purityaudiodesign.com
The reviews are starting to come out on the Purity Audio Design linestages;

The first review to be published was in UltraAudio, part of the SoundStage! Network where it received the "Select Component" award.

”The high frequencies were sweet, silky, airy, and delicate -- and, at other times, so revealing of information that my brain had to work hard to take it all in. The Purity Reference’s bass performance was among the best I’ve heard. The bass was deep, tight, detailed, and full, and rendered with lifelike clarity. The midrange was textured and present, with no hint of sounding soft or muffled. The palette of colors and timbres offered by the Reference was broad and rich. The Reference had “see-through” soundstaging in my system that was difficult for me to quantify -- stages seemed to extend past my room’s side and front walls, with images that were clearly delineated, dimensional, and well defined. In fact, the Purity Reference imaged with the best I’ve had in my listening room”

Michael Wright
Contributing Writer
SoundStage! Network

Read full review here: http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php...plifier&catid=37:full-length-reviews&Itemid=2

Next review is on the Silver Statement linestage in The Absolute Sound magazine. This one you will have to read in full in the September 2011 issue.

"It’s rare in this business to come across a product that distances itself from the competition right out of the box. But that sort of jaw-dropping experience was exactly my first impression. I happened to be listening to David Manley’s Lesley album, a recording I’m very well familiar with, when it hit home that this was the most revealing linestage preamp I’d heard to date. It was without peer in fleshing out individual image outlines with realistic space between them..."

"It is a persuasive musical performer that has earned my highest praise and my passionate vote for linestage preamp of the year...."

Dick Olsher
The Absolute Sound
Issue 215, September 2011

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Bill,

Congrats...i did read the ultraaudio review. I know the ACT 2 sound quite well, so it was a good benchmark, though i would there had been more discussion about the differences. In any event, I am a big CJ fan and as you obviously saw in other posts, am looking at the GAT, (among other things.) Congrats again and good luck.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Too bad I'll miss RMAF again this year Bill. Congratulations on the stellar reviews, and to think the Silver Statements have got the Ultra above them :eek:

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
Hey there Lloyd,
Maybe we need to get you into a Purity!!;)

Jack, Sorry you won't be able to attend RMAF this year. To bad Albert couldn't have brought up a unit for you to hear in your system. I'm sure we'll meet up sometime, somewhere.

Arthurs, thanks for the kind words. Maybe someday we can have the honor of having a Purity in that system of yours.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Bill,

Intriguing option!!! Need to get my Gryphon Antileon fixed (once and for all!) first...see "Gryphon crackle" post if you're really bored and want to read the saga...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hey there Lloyd,
Maybe we need to get you into a Purity!!;)

Jack, Sorry you won't be able to attend RMAF this year. To bad Albert couldn't have brought up a unit for you to hear in your system. I'm sure we'll meet up sometime, somewhere.

Arthurs, thanks for the kind words. Maybe someday we can have the honor of having a Purity in that system of yours.

Hi Bill, I would have really loved that. Albert and Damon left last night after a roaring time here in Manila. We talked a lot about you. Seems Uncle A has really taken a shine to you and your gang. He said teaming up with you at RMAF was a "no brainer" and that you guys "have got it going on". I'm eagerly awaiting your final choice of amplifiers for RMAF.Keep me posted! :)

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
There is really not much more I can say about the TAS review as the quote above speaks volumes about his overall findings. I can say that we are honored to have impressed a reviewer of his integrity. Especially considering he usually does not like tube preamps as well as being in a magazine that we had never advertised in.

The quote from Marty DeWulf is from a review that will be in a forthcoming review in Bound For Sound where the Reference received his "product of Exceptional Merit" award which is very rarely given out. We are also expecting some follow up comments or maybe even a follow up review from one of his associates who also spent some time with the Reference. I don't want to give too much away prior to the review being publish as we have only been granted permission to post a few quotes.

Attachments

• Purity-Ref-400-9.&#50.jpg
    Purity-Ref-400-9.&#50.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 501

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
Another Silver Statement review

There have been a few more reviews published on the Purity Audio Design linestages with the most recent, August 2012, being another review of the Silver Statement by Doug Schroeder over at Dagogo.
This review can be seen here: http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=1078

We also have a review coming out later this month on the Statement (copper version of the Silver Statement) and another review to be published on the Reference.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing