What's Best?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Since you refer to Manuel de Falla El Amor Brujo I can not resist posting my favorite interpretation by Orquestra de Cambra Teatre Lliure de Barcelona / Josep Pons - less elegant than the version you quote, but full of rhythm and drama.

The second piece of the CD - El Retablo de Maese Pedro, although less known is also a masterpiece.

Have you heard Argenta doing Master Peter's Puppet Show on Decca?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Have you heard Argenta doing Master Peter's Puppet Show on Decca?

No, I only have the version I referred to. But I will look for it. Thanks!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles, what is/in your avatar please?

It was a gift from a British audiobuddy many years back. The title reads " Worlds Worst Record." And there are some other good lines on the cover and I can't even begin to describe the color of the vinyl. Seriously. Maybe will take a jpeg of the vinyl and post it when back from vacation :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
No, I only have the version I referred to. But I will look for it. Thanks!

Do. No one is better at Spanish music than Argenta. As my Spanish friend says, it's in their blood :)

It's sad he met his demise at such a young age :(

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Well,
I am going to lower the level and say I have thoroughly been enjoying Petshop Boys PopArt :)
Good for background music when one is busy, I find it difficult to use classical as background only music as it tends to make me concentrate on it - thats my excuse anyway :)
Well mastered for a pop album and a collection of various hits from differing Petshop Boys albums.

Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing