rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Quantum Logic 3D is the real deal guys, brings you closer. It's transformative.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am going to dinner but when I come back, I hope to post a detailed write-up. For now, it is the most revolutionary way to extract additional channels/data from stereo music/5.1 that I have seen with least amount of damage to what is there. It is in an entirely different class and will win over far more people than things like Logic7.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I don't :). I say that generically. In this business, until I have shipping products in my hand, I don't plan my life around it.

So for now, the exciting thing is the development of new music and surround technology and that when this processor comes out, it will be heavily differentiated in this area. There is no other product at any price or any schedule which can do what it is supposed to do.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Very interesting development. Reading between the lines, it's using a lot of processing power and pattern matching algorithms to break down what's in the final mix, an unmixer so to speak: start with 2 tracks and you will be able to get back to the 24 tracks they had back in the studio. Very nice, recreate your very own personalised mix of the album ...!!

Frank

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
QuantumLogic Surround 3D: I bet it has to do with 3D mapping (on the Vertical & Horizontal plane) in the Frequency domain (not the Time domain) of space measurements pattern.
...On & Off axis. ...Taking into account first and second reflections. ...3D Reconstruction...

A la TRINNOV perhaps if you want... But not quite, with some of the variables different, from another plane (perspective).

But from the Lexicon MP-20, Media Processor, and a division of Harman International Industries, Inc. Includes JBL, Infinity, Crown, dbx, AKG, BSS, Citation, Studer, Soundcraft, Revel, ...

* http://www.ultrahighendforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=6231 ...Info taken from Twice News

* http://www.audioimages-hifi.com/page4/page7/index.html

* PDF Specs (Info): http://www.audioimages-hifi.com/pag...essor-info-sheet-hi-res_print-august-2011.pdf

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks for posting that Steve. You beat me to it :). The person doing the interview is Kevin Collins who used to work on my team at Microsoft. He is still there but is also involved in that forum.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Thanks for posting the video, Steve. As you know, this will be my new Pre-Pro. Now I have to figure out how to bump up my room from 5.2 to 12.4.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Thanks for posting the video, Steve. As you know, this will be my new Pre-Pro. Now I have to figure out how to bump up my room from 5.2 to 12.4.

I doubt I am. Even if I could afford it, I have enough problem fitting 7 or even 9 speakers in my room (only 19'4W X 14' 7" D X 9'H; also don't forget the size of my mains and 2 18" Epik Conquest subs). A total of 12 speakers and 2 more subs could really be a problem.

Rich

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing