Latest news on Lexicon MP-20 Processor

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
If I am not mistaken, you go as high as half a million dollars if you outfit it with Mark Levinson gear and JBL Everest speakers! With active speakers and such the price starts fairly high even for low end but I think you can start with $50K or so. You can read about our implementation of it here: http://www.madronadigital.com/Showroom/HomeTheater.html

The current SDEC products does go in and out of analog. The Lexicon will avoid this since it has HDMI input. You could stay in digital domain but in consumer applications, that gets problematic as it is not possible to get discrete digital over S/PDIF out of just about any consumer gear.
You are making the new Lexicon seem almost cheap.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Any picture????
You ask and you shall receive :).

Oh, it definitely has room correction. Don't know why it is not emphasized in the PR statements but for sure, it has JBL Synthesis style room eq with support for up to four subs.

I am expecting it to be quite good as it is in many respects comparable to JBL Synthesis correction. Its hardware capabilities differ from SDEC (both better and worse) so in balance, it should work similarly.

Hi Amir,

For those of us who are not very familar with JBL Synthesis correction can you reveal any general information about what might be included in the Lexicon. For example, will it have Sound Field Managment and separate equalization processes, etc?

Thanks.

Larry

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I'm pretty sure that's what Larry meant Amir, and more...

And nice to see you here at What's Best Forum Larry; I'm sure your questions and contribution will be unparalleled. So, Welcome! :)

Bob

Hi Larry. Do you mean can you mess with the EQ manually after the automatic phase?

Hi Amir,

No, I thought that Sound Field Management was a technique that adjusts phase and level for multiple subwoofers to minimize seat to seat variations, but it doesn't actually produce a flat frequency response. Then since the seat to seat variations are minimized it is then easier to proceed with equalization to minimize introducing problems in one seat while correcting other seats.

So although the entire room correction process may be automated I was thinking that it was the Sound Field Management portion of the process that distinguished the Harman approach from other room corrections approaches.

The problem is that, as was commented on earlier, these important room correction features aren't even mentioned in the PR release. Without breaking any confidences, I was hoping that you could at least confirm the existence of these features in the Lexicon and elaborate on them to the degree you are permitted.

Larry

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I can confirm if you like but I am pretty confident that as with ARCOS in JBL Synthesis, it does both SFM and overall EQ. I agree it is hard to get public information on the products. Thankfully though, I have pretty good contacts there so as once the product is public itself, getting answers should not be hard at all.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Just heard the QLS (Quantum Logic System) system in the Harmann trailer at CEDIA and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The engineer who designed the algorithms was in the demo and explained the basics of what they do and for music lovers, this thing is phenomenal. I know there are some two channel guys who would never consider anything like this, but if this thing is in my price range (or I win the lottery) I would give it serious consideration.

The only real downside is that to get all that it has to offer, I need more speakers (heights and front wides) and amps to drive them.

I sat off center and it was still amazing.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Just heard the QLS (Quantum Logic System) system in the Harmann trailer at CEDIA and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The engineer who designed the algorithms was in the demo and explained the basics of what they do and for music lovers, this thing is phenomenal. I know there are some two channel guys who would never consider anything like this, but if this thing is in my price range (or I win the lottery) I would give it serious consideration.

The only real downside is that to get all that it has to offer, I need more speakers (heights and front wides) and amps to drive them.

I sat off center and it was still amazing.

The proof is in the pudding! ...Smooth experience? :)

* Your signature, it rings true in our Audio world.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
MP20 delayed til sometime in 1st half of 2012

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing