Best Crossovers?

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Hi Tony,

Interesting info. My AVR actually does wideband group delay adjustments so I do not need to be too careful but like to be close. I meant to say 2nd-order for the panel crossovers, those do not need high order (the factory used first-order for some models, and I do not remember if mine are 1st or 2nd stock). I only need higher order to roll off the very bottom when the sub takes over. I can tweak by listening and measuring to find the best values; your method of starting with adjustable then using fixed values for the final filters is an excellent approach.

Shoot, now I am back on the DIY path again... :)

Thanks! - Don

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing