Information for Lamm LP2 and LP2 Deluxe Phonostage owners

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For owners of these units using low output MC cartridges, Lamm has made available 1:36.5 (31.25dB) Step Up Transformers to replace your/our 1:9.7 (19.7dB) currently installed. This increases gain by about 11.5dB.

Installation is straight forward and aside from wiring requires just the replacement of R 101, R 102, C 101 and C102. These parts along with mounting screws for the SUTs are provided. Contact your dealer for more information regarding prices and installation.

The LP2s can come with these SUTs out of the box but these must be specified on order. Prices for brand new units with either SUT remains the same.

:)

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi JackD201,

Just received a call from super mario that he is done swapping in the new transformers, resistors, etc.. into my Lamm phono stage.

Thank you for the parts. I will ask super mario to help me swap the Lamm phono stage into my chain when we find a common time. This is the heaviest phono stage I have ever owned.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Mullard,

Think nothing of it :)

Hi Steve,

I think it is more born of the showing with Da Vinci at CES '11 as the Da Vinci carts have very low outputs. For the sake of rack space, I hope the LL1 will be the last 4 box affair ;) ;) ;)

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
I use such a High Gain LP2.
:)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing