Hi from Manila

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
Greetings from another new member from the Philippines and close friends with JackD201 and Jadis. Been an audiophile for over 25 years and a fan of tube gear. Among the audio sites, I've seen some of the most interesting discussions among members here. Hope to be able to share comments and opinions on the varied topics discussed.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Welcome aboard dafos!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Glad to see you in here, Dafos, my long time audio buddy from the 80s. Hope you enjoy your visit here and share with us your audio insights as well.

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
Guys, Thanks for the warm welcome. I'd have posted and been a lot more active earlier if not for a technical glitch that I'm glad seems to be all sorted out.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Any friend of Jack's is welcome here, Dafos. Jack is the bomb :).

Tim

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Tim means my jokes bomb most of the time Jerry. ;) ;) ;)

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Oh, and by the way...Jack and Jerry? This is the best we can get from the tropics? You guys are no help at all in WBF's quest for exotic international status...

Tim

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My grandfather wanted to name me Apolinario. I'm glad my parents fought for their right to name me after a certain blond golfer with a bunch of green jackets (Dad) and a US President who stared the russkies down (Mom). I repaid the favor and named my son Joaquin Nicolas. As you might gather, I've always been a Daddy's boy. I surely didn't get Nicklaus' game but for some strange reason, I got his chunky frame! More exotic yes?

Jerry knows his gear AND his music. He doesn't post much but when he does, there's always a lot of meat on the bones. Hehehehe. Just putting a little pressure on my old buddy!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
My grandfather wanted to name me Apolinario. I'm glad my parents fought for their right to name me after a certain blond golfer with a bunch of green jackets (Dad) and a US President who stared the russkies down (Mom). I repaid the favor and named my son Joaquin Nicolas. As you might gather, I've always been a Daddy's boy. I surely didn't get Nicklaus' game but for some strange reason, I got his chunky frame! More exotic yes?

Jerry knows his gear AND his music. He doesn't post much but when he does, there's always a lot of meat on the bones. Hehehehe. Just putting a little pressure on my old buddy!

I so wanted to give my son a unique, deeply Gaelic name, that about halfway through the pregnancy I suggested, to my wife, Seamus. We named him John Patrick. A good woman can help keep you one step short of disaster.

Tim

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I so wanted to give my son a unique, deeply Gaelic name, that about halfway through the pregnancy I suggested, to my wife, Seamus. We named him John Patrick. A good woman can help keep you one step short of disaster.

Tim

Names from the tropics? I wanted my son to be musically inclined so I chose Johann, after Bach and Strauss. My wife wanted a junior, so we thought of Philipp. To make both of us happy, the name became Johann Philipp. How bout that for tropical? ;) I'm still wondering why they call Johns (not the bathroom fixture) Jack.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Same reason Richards are called Dicks ;) ;) ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing