Now This Is News !!!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
From Yahoo Finance

Apple has more cash than the federal government

By Chris Moody
Political Reporter

Paul Sakuma (AP)

As the BBC has reported, the software company Apple has more cash on hand than the United States federal government, according to the company's financial records.
Apple's quarterly financial report shows that the company responsible for the iPad, iPod and the iPhone now has $76.4 billion in reserve cash, while the Treasury Department is sitting on just $73.7 billion.
The feds could probably learn a thing or two from Apple's success. Congress remains embroiled in a debate over spending and whether the federal government, which currently owes trillions in debt, should be allowed to borrow even more. International credit rating agencies have threatened to downgrade the national debt for the first time in the nation's history if Washington doesn't come up with a solution to lift the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling while implementing a concrete plan to get the nation's financial house in order.
Meanwhile, Apple's financial report shows that the company's profits, even through the last recession, are booming.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The excesses of life, whether personal, company or government driven, will always bite you in the ass at the end!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I don't think Apple is does investments in bankruptcy situations ;-))

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Guess Apple should just "buy" the U.S. in a hostile takeover!

Then Steve Jobs would be the proud owner of THE money pit..

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
How about Celebrity Apprentice with Steve Jobs instead of Donald Trump with our leaders of all 3 branches as contestants. Steve Jobs can say "you're fired" in the Trump tradition and teach the one he hires how to keep money in the bank

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Obscene profit margins,pitifully low offshore wages and the free market world economy will kill the golden goose and then what?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I think Warren Buffett should walk into the Oval Office and say......."Barrack, I know to some you're "all that", but get the *&^% out...there's a new Sheriff in town!".

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
It is actually fairly simple. Apple is run by business men and the US Government is run by lawyers. Not lawyers who have chosen to practice the honorable profession of law, but rather those who chose to get into Congress and see how many times they could get re-elected, not pay Social Security, receive ridiculous retirement packages and in other ways screw the American public. :mad:

[But I have no strong feelings on the subject] :rolleyes:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A few years ago, I accompanied my sister to the Harvard Global Leader's Conference in D.C. (She's the alum not me, the only Ivy I ever got was of the Poison variety). In one talk inside the Pentagon, one of the Harvard people asked why military spending was so inefficient. The Sec Def's appointed speaker said "Imagine you are Walmart except you don't know when and where Christmas will come."

I'm as big an Apple fan as any, but one thing for sure, if basic services suffered the shortages and delays of the iPad2, Jobs would be lynched! :)

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
A few years ago, I accompanied my sister to the Harvard Global Leader's Conference in D.C. (She's the alum not me, the only Ivy I ever got was of the Poison variety).....Snip
Now that made me smile :)
Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing