Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Singer Amy Winehouse found dead

From Yahoo

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her flat in north London, police said. She was 27 years old.
The soul singer struggled with drink and drug addictions. Her death is being treated as unexplained.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
Winehouse pulled out of a recent comeback tour following a disastrous performance in Serbia.
The singer initially pulled out of festival shows in Istanbul and Athens but her management then cancelled all her remaining gigs.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Amy is now part of the famous "27" club. Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison, and Cobain to name a few.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Amy is now part of the famous "27" club. Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison, and Cobain to name a few.

That's the first thing that came to my mind! How truly sad...I was an enormous fan, and I will miss her.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Yes, I believe...

you mean they all passed away at the age of 27? wow...did not realize that. sad...but also strange.

that's what Mark is observing in post #4...

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Some time ago I wrote something about one of her albums in this forum or another ... don't remember and too lazy to search. There was a prophetic reply (was it you Steve?) .. Not verbatim the post said that she had to clean her acts lest she ends up dead at an early age... :( A talent largely unfulfilled ... A troubled soul.
May she rest in peace

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Singer Amy Winehouse found dead

From Yahoo

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her flat in north London, police said. She was 27 years old.
The soul singer struggled with drink and drug addictions. Her death is being treated as unexplained.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
Winehouse pulled out of a recent comeback tour following a disastrous performance in Serbia.
The singer initially pulled out of festival shows in Istanbul and Athens but her management then cancelled all her remaining gigs.

It's always sad when someone with talent, be they an athlete, actress or musician, pisses it away. If only they knew that the majority of us would die to be as gifted :( You just want to slap them and make them wake up.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Yes, all of the artists I mentioned died when they were 27. The timing of Cobain's death wasn't accidental. The story goes that he told people that he wanted to join the "27" club.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, all of the artists I mentioned died when they were 27. The timing of Cobain's death wasn't accidental. The story goes that he told people that he wanted to join the "27" club.
ughhh...that is a truly sad statement...

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

Make mine the 700 Club. The dues are much cheaper.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I've been on several forums since this story broke, and what amazes me is the total lack of respect/consideration/empathy for a human being who suffered through much of her life. I've read some awful words that I certainly won't repeat here, but I feel a little jaded right now about the dispassionate thoughts from our fellow human beings.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
She only recorded two. FRANK and BACK TO BLACK. She has done a duet recently with Tony Bennett for his upcoming DUET II, and I beleive she completed her third album just recently.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Some people think that because you have fame and fortune that you should be happy. Fame and fortune doesn't mean that you don't have demons you are fighting. For some people, fame and fortune bring on the demons.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing