Great innovation in string trimmers: Stihl FSA 85 review

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I've just come off a rainy few months and the grass got too high for me to clear it on my normal schedule so I hired a tractor to come in and clear the land. This works well and has great benefits.
I tell you, the tractor is the way to go. My little diesel tractor has hummed perfectly mowing our 5+ acres. It sits there for months sometimes but starts right up. It is much more comfortable to ride on than a mower and mows a much wider path. It will also mow a foot tall grass, branches up to an inch thick, areas of blackberry bushes, etc. And oh, if you are not watching, it can take off part of the shed roof without you even noticing! :D

This is not mine but it is the same model:

All the grief with gasoline engines comes from them being so small. Once you go to larger sizes, they become almost trouble-free like cars.

Rico

Nov 27, 2015
Yes that is beautiful. but for me it works out better to call in the big guns from time to time and not have to worry about the cost of ownership. really hard to find good mechanics in my neck of the woods.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing