Photo Highlights Of California Audio Show 2011

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well this was truly a labor of love. I took several hundred pictures and narrowed them down to 109 of the best and then had to resize all of the photos. I will try to add some comments along the way

My vote for the Best Sound at the show came from Music Lovers in Berkeley/San Francisco. Jae and Hugh IMO rose to the top of the pack. This room was so large that in order to get both main speakers in the photo I had to sit way at the back of the room. The speakers were probably 25 feet apart and the soundstage was as magnificent as anything I have ever heard. The room was dialed in by Dr Keith Johnson as well as 4 hours of speaker placement refinement by Hugh

Thor's Hammer

Aesthetix front end

Spectral

Maxx lll's

Jae spinning some music

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
thanks for the pics Steve.

how was the Ayon room? I thought the amps looked a bit garish in person (and much, much larger than online photos), but they were in a really small room in Newport, so didn't get any sweet spot action.

I'm not sure how anyone with Magico Minis could sell them for the Q1s. that is a bit of an ugly duckling compared to one of the most beautiful speakers i've ever seen in person.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing