Today picture in Telegraph; Wow never appreciated size of crocodiles

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I wonder what the tourists by the rail were thinking, F was used a lot I bet :)
Wonder if they were warned about the size beforehand.
Cheers
Orb

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Think I'd be adding to the water in the boat myself...

In my youth I participated in an alligator wrestling demo at a FL reptile place. Jaws tied, but I found out a small'ish 5' - 6' (2m) 'gator is quite a handful for a reasonably strapping young kid, and that tail is a wicked weapon!

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Yeah I am not surprised Don - about the tail not your wrestling alligators :)
look at the minimum amount of ripples generated with that croc even that far out of the water (must be a lot of power from the tail and not just speed like a great white), killing machines for sure.
Cheers
Orb

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Are we sure there wasn't some Photoshop involved here?

Tim

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Depends on how Telegraph found or receive their photos.
Whatmore, anymore info on that, just wondering if it was a local photo or discussion due to the Telegraph photo.
If it is a photoshop, seems strange to also make the right leg bitten off ages ago and then make it look like it healed (lot of effort as it would also require the body to be added where the leg was) - but then that is not much of a case against it being photoshop :) , especially with the talented people out there.
While some may feel such a bite mark should kill the croc, there have been other animals/mammals/etc with massive dmg, reminds me of a great white that had a chunk taken out of its face-nose.

Edit:
Just did a photo search for comparison and there are large ones even in captivity.

Cheers
Orb

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
If it is photoshop work, it is darn good. The crock actually moves in and out of plane of focus consistent as best as I can see in the low res image relative to passengers. Is there a link to articles claiming it is fake?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Heh would be a tough decision wether to clean the window or not, very cool print by the owl.
Cheers
Orb

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
OK I went all Sherlock Holmes and checked the name on the bottom of the photo along with looking for ideal info on web.
The following link says/suggests for a better word in this case it is real, while also includes two other useful links from The Australian and also NTNews (who asked for it to be analysed), both those links are inside the following article.
http://www.krtv.com/news/monster-crocodile-picture-real-fake-or-exaggerated-/ Ignore the last bit in URLto mean fake as it cuts out the real or fake bit of the line.

One part of the photo that suggests it may be real is the photographer in the background on the boat, look at the angle of his shot and it is perfect to the croc, while also the food handler is looking at the croc mouth near the rod rather than the meat on the string.

Well that is some croc, and kudos to the shark that took it on, or did the croc take it on :)
Cheers
Orb

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing