LL1 Dual Mono 4 Chassis Preamplifier-Review

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Well , after over a year with my LAMMs, the LL1.1and 4x M2.2s, I wonder how any tube rolling on either would improve what I consider, humbly, a genuinely beguiling sound- any thoughts and sources of reliable tubes?

Jack recommended the Amperex 7308 for the M2.2's and I have to say its a wonderful an inexpensive upgrade. I noticed improved smoothness and a deeper sound stage.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Glad they worked out for you Jeff :D

As for the LL1, I would trust in Vladimir's stash of DRs and if I ever get the chance to own LL1s, I'd likely only source tubes for them from Lamm, same as the 6c33s. All non-Lamm sourced 6c33s on my ML1.1s failed miserably.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Glad they worked out for you Jeff :D

As for the LL1, I would trust in Vladimir's stash of DRs and if I ever get the chance to own LL1s, I'd likely only source tubes for them from Lamm, same as the 6c33s. All non-Lamm sourced 6c33s on my ML1.1s failed miserably.

Totally agree

When it comes to the Signature series ML3, LL1 and LP1 the only tube I have ever rolled is the 12AX7 tube in the ML3 where I use a Telefunken ECC803S NOS

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I find my system sounds stunning when I leave my LL1.1 and emt phono on over night.

Tang

Reactions: rugyboogie

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing