Help me select my cables/wiring

Dr_jitsu

Jun 17, 2011
Right now I am running 12 gauge zip cord to my front stage, and 14 gauge rat shack to my rears, so I am thinking about upgrading. I want to keep my budget under $400 if possible.

Here is my system:

*Mitsubishi 82 inch DLP TV (professionally calibrated by an ISF tech). My room has a cut out and the back of the TV fits in perfectly.
*Onkyo TX NR 3008 receiver w/ Antec fan on top.
*Emotiva XPA 5 1000 watt amp powering my front stage.
*Klipsch RF 7's up front and rc 62 center channel.
*Klipsch RF 82's as wides.
*Kilpsch RF 52's as rear's and RB 52's as surrounds.
*2 Chase Home Theater 18.2 subs up front (18.2's are 2 18 inch subs in one box powered by a standalone Dayton 1000 amp). Amp has full tuning capabilities.
*CHT 18.T (2 individual 18 inch subs powered by one Dayton amp).
*Oppo BD 93
*APC S 15 power conditioner.

Everything was professionally tuned/calibrated.

I am thinking of going w/ the Ram/WTB cables for my mains: http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio...ana-plugs-and-spade-lugs-hswsb/prodHSWSB.html

and these: http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio...rgbhv-cable-rca-to-rca-rgbhvr/prodRGBHVR.html

for the connection between my Onk and Emo amp

For everything else, my plan is to use the raw (some say a raw connection, done right is as least as good as a fancy connecter) Belden wire sold by Blue Jean. Should I go 10 or 12 gauge?

Any thoughtful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Wow paid more for my Super Litz MF-1 ICs 25 years ago :)

Dr_jitsu

Jun 17, 2011
Thank you all...Gary, I looked at the Mogamis you suggested, and I would want 5 of these, yes?:Mogami Pure Patch RCA to RCA Mono Hi-Definition Patch Cable

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Which product, speaker wires?

For RCA's I prefer the cheaper Mogami 2549 to the more expensive 2534. I like the Neutrik ProFi RCA connectors.

Speaker cables I prefer the Canare to the Mogami.

Disclaimer - this is just my preference and my opinion..... I'm not saying that they sound any different from zip cord in a DBT. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing