DAC by Antelope Audio (Zodicac Gold + Voltikus Power Supply)

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
There is a great review of this DAC on 6 Moons but was wondering if anyone has heard it?

http://www.antelopeaudio.com/en/products_zodiacgold.html

It was recommended to me by the folks from Sound Science who are building my Music Vault music server.

They are a European pro audio company who has gotten into consumer audio. They also make some very sophisticated clocks !

ted_b

Feb 4, 2011
I own the Gold/Voltikus combo, and I absolutely love it. I eval'd a dozen or more hi-end DACs at home during my search to replace my Weiss DAC2. The Gold/Volitkus combination had the right everything for me. And the USB drivers are Linux-compatible, allow for integer playback support in Pure Music 1.8, and go to 24/384k for future-proofing somewhat.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I own the Gold/Voltikus combo, and I absolutely love it. I eval'd a dozen or more hi-end DACs at home during my search to replace my Weiss DAC2. The Gold/Volitkus combination had the right everything for me. And the USB drivers are Linux-compatible, allow for integer playback support in Pure Music 1.8, and go to 24/384k for future-proofing somewhat.

Thanks. I have a demo that will be shipped to me either this week or next. The folks that told me about it said the same thing - that they had compared it to all of the "high priced spread" and felt it to be a great product.

ted_b

Feb 4, 2011
Just please make sure the DAC is a demo (i.e has some time on it) because this DAC needs 500 minimum, and 800 hours to really sing. I know it's crazy, but it's true.

ted_b

Feb 4, 2011
No, Neal sold me a Slim Devices Transporter years ago. It ended up being Dan Wright's first commercially modded one. I have kind of kept in touch with Neal over the years and met him at a show or two. I have yet to hear his Music Vault. He may or may not remember me, although we spoke about 4 months ago regarding the Antelopes. I would have bought from him but got a deal too good to pass up on a dealer demo.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
He may or may not remember me, although we spoke about 4 months ago regarding the Antelopes. I would have bought from him but got a deal too good to pass up on a dealer demo.

There are "deals" out there but (1) since Neal introduced me to the product and (2) he is loaning me one to audition, if I purchase one, I will purchase one through him.

And he did remember you!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing