Kate Bush, Anyone?

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Kate Bush's new issue:

is wonderful. Her voice is wonderful. Her music is wonderful. This is a 3 album collection, with the first, Director's Cut, containing re-recordings of 11 songs from two earlier albums, The Sensual World and The Red Shoes. These 2 other albums also are presented with Director's Cut.

Of note, Kate Bush states:

I always felt the sound of the original version of 'The Red Shoes' was a little edgy due to the digital equipment we were using at the time. Everyone was under pressure back then to work in the digital domain as it promised so much with the lack of tape hiss and its supposed clarity.

I remain a devoted lover of analogue and was delighted to recently come across the back up mixes of this album on 1/2" analogue tape. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to make this truly remastered version part of this collection.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I am a big Kate Bush fan as well.
Will be interesting if the mastering for this has adjusted to be part of the loudness wars, I hope it has not, but it seems modern collections in general do have greater loudness compared to the original releases.

Cheers
Orb

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I like her music a lot, thanks for the heads-up.

Uodate: Just bought, and about to listen it!

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I listened to some of it, and I'm not really taken by the effort that Kate put forth here. I'll likely buy it anyway, as I am a huge KB fan, but I'm much more looking forward to some new material.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I listened to some of it, and I'm not really taken by the effort that Kate put forth here. I'll likely buy it anyway, as I am a huge KB fan, but I'm much more looking forward to some new material.

Agreed

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Her new album (all original compositions) wil be released November 21, 2011. It is called "50 Words of Snow" and contains 7 tracks spread over 2 LP's.

http://www.katebush.com/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing