Absolute Sound Review Of Alpha USB on-line

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
I'm told the Alpha USB is shipping this week.

Amirm,

Looking forward to your notification when stock arrives and thoughts on the product. Hoping you can comment on it's merits and perhaps in comparison to the Audiophilleo device you carry.

Cheers,
WDW

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi WDW. Yes, I got the same notification. As you can imagine though, we so many delays I am to the point that I only believe it when it is in my hand :). That said, it did sound like it is actually coming.

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
Has it crossed your threshold?

Hello Amirm,
Has Berkeley finally shipped to Madrona? Please keep us in the loop.
WDW

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It was supposed to have shipped by now but I have not heard. I am checking. But yes, as soon as I get it, I will report on it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The Eagle has landed -- Again!

OK, at long last, the Berkeley USB to AES/S/PDIF has arrived! That is the good news. The bad news is that I am leaving for LA for most of this week so no chance to test it! :( Our crew is going to power it up though and make sure it is functional so when I get back, I can put it through the torture test. :D

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Congrats Amir! Look forward to hearing more about this.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
OK, at long last, the Berkeley USB to AES/S/PDIF has arrived! That is the good news. The bad news is that I am leaving for LA for most of this week so no chance to test it! :( Our crew is going to power it up though and make sure it is functional so when I get back, I can put it through the torture test. :D

The perfect way of avoiding our controversy questions about the effect of burn-in of a digital processing unit! :) I am particularly interested in having an independent opinion about the sound quality with PC and Mac. Have a nice trip!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The perfect way of avoiding our controversy questions about the effect of burn-in of a digital processing unit! :) I am particularly interested in having an independent opinion about the sound quality with PC and Mac. Have a nice trip!
Well, I screwed that one up. I picked up the unit before I left but then got no chance to test it. So the whole time it has been sitting turned off in my den :). Getting in late tonight. Hope to put it through the paces in the next day or two.

fjmcsu

VIP/Donor
Jan 10, 2011
Apparently they ARE shipping, as I received notice that mine is arriving via UPS Tuesday!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing