She Was Amazing On America's Got Talent But Wait Until You Hear This

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Little Jackie is really something. I even like her cover of McLachlan's Angel more than Katherine Jenkins' cover. I agree Steve, I think with here pipes she can choose whatever route she likes in the future, even popular music. Her version of Everytime smokes Spear's original. My wife is a big Jackie fan. I don't blame her one bit. I'm a convert as well.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Oh my word.......let me tell you guys a little story that happened tonight.

I'm sitting at the computer catching up on some things tonight and since I had just put my son down to sleep for the night, and the TV was awaiting my input to delete his program or not. Well, I never looked at the TV and the house was silent.....until......

The DVR kicked back to the PBS station that I was watching last night and I heard this wonderful voice from a lady singing, apparently backed up by an orchestra. The more I heard, the more I liked what I heard. Well, after about 5 or ten minutes? Curiosity got the best of me so I got up to see who was singing. I about broke my jaw when it hit the floor after looking at what looked like a ten year old up on stage in front of this orchestra. It was Jackie Evancho.

I had to stand there watching for a couple of minutes just so I could soak in that what I was watching was what I was actually hearing out of this young girl's lungs. Holy smokes! I'm almost still in disbelief. If you have PBS, do yourself a favor and tune into to it right now. It may be on in your area. I am just awestruck at how good this girl is. Holy smokes! The program is called "Jackie Evancho - Music of the Movies" on the show Great Performances. Steve, you were right.

Tom

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I had not ever even heard of her, until I listened to her voice from around the corner tonight. This little girl is good. After this program is over, I'll have to look up some of the other things she has done.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I bought her CD a year ago.

The girl is absolutely amazing and is the most talented person EVER on America's Got Talent.

She has the well trained voice of a thirty year old singer.

As Steve said, her problem in winning on AGT is that she is too young and possibly not appropriate for a Las Vegas show.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Is it me or has she has lost everything that was magical about her in this latest performance on AGT this week:

Seems pretty shallow and lacking range and magnificent nuances she had when she was much younger. She is very graceful in person and pretty as she was but the vocal accomplishments have taken a big step backward.

What say you?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Is it me or has she has lost everything that was magical about her in this latest performance on AGT this week:

Seems pretty shallow and lacking range and magnificent nuances she had when she was much younger. She is very graceful in person and pretty as she was but the vocal accomplishments have taken a big step backward.

What say you?

I must admit that I wondered a bit the same when I saw her this week on AGT. She's grown up. Having said that I still loved her performance

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Poor breath control. I'm betting it was just nerves. Happens to public speakers as well as singers. She hit the notes she just didn't have her diaphragm there to push 'em.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing