The Trading Post At WBF Has Been Created

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Pursuant to strong membership demand I have gone ahead and created the much requested "Trading Post" Forum

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/forumdisplay.php?227-The-Trading-Post

Please review the Terms Of service with respect to this forum. This is a pilot program and will be heavily moderated to ensure its viability and reliability. Any treads or posts in violation will be removed and the member warned. Persistant and repeated non compliance can result in a member ban.

Manufacturers are also not allowed to post gear for sale and any posts by a manufacturer will be removed.

It is our hope that this forum will not only be successful but will also grow according to membership demand

Any comments or suggestions by the membership will be much appreciated

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Excellent, thank you Steve.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Now we will have to be careful not to trash a piece of gear until we unload it on another WBF member.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Might I suggest that as a rule the line voltage and line frequency of all pieces of electronic equipment be included in the description of the item for the benefit of everybody in this forum of global membership :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Excellent news! Going to check out the thread right now!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Thanks for starting The Trading Post.

Two questions, why don't posts in The Trading Post show up in What's New and why not allow visitors to view it?

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Steve - quick Q - does manufacturer also mean dealer or anyone involved in a business capacity in audio? I assume yes, but just to clarify...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Nyal and to all members who plan on advertising in the Trading Post........

The long and the short of it, (for now at least) we allow dealers to post ONLY used items and/or gear which has been taken as trade in but under NO circumstances (again, for now at least) NEW items

This is a pilot study to see how things go. I would appreciate if all members followed the above. This forum will be moderated to ensure everyone plays by the rules. If this goes well I am sure that some of these rules will change.

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
ok Steve, understood.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I assumed since it is the Trading Post, "Want to Buy" or "Looking For" is covered too. I didn't commit a gaffe by posting an LF post did I?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing