Anyone check out the new Kef Blade?

audiodoctor

Aug 16, 2010
This discussion is laughable. The concept of a point source concidental loudspeaker is that it is simulating the perfect ideal namely all frequencies eminating from the same point in space, which guarantees perfect coherence and time alignment.

Other advantages of a properly executed point source driver is that the waveguide creates a very wide well dispersed treble energy which creates a very wide enveloping sound stage.

I have the Kef 207.2 and they are spectacular loudspeakers which I prefer to the new sacred cows of Magico, YG Acoustics or Wilson which if you really analyze these three major industry leaders none of them has created unique driver technology the way Kef has. Remember with the Blade this is the 10th generation of this technology, so I am sure Kef has gotten it correct!

As we are Kef's best Northeast dealer we are most likely going to get the first set of Blades in the country so I will let you know.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Let's keep it civil, gentlemen. No speaker technology is without flaws and/or compromises. While the scientific suppositions make for an interesting discussion, the fact remains that nobody has heard these speakers yet. Therefore, it would be prudent to allow them to reach the end users before praising or condemning them.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing