Hi-Rez music to come in 2012: A Message from Neil Young!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
So what does Mr. Young know that he's not telling?

Tim

I have no idea Tim, but I suspect he's closer to it all than any of us are. Here's hoping he won't have to eat those words!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I have no idea Tim, but I suspect he's closer to it all than any of us are. Here's hoping he won't have to eat those words!

It's an interesting statement to be sure. I sure would love to know what it means. Hell, I don't even pine for hi-res. Just a return to decent mastering would tickle me to no end.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Randall Smith

May 30, 2010
NC
All I can say is that the tapes were amazing! ;)

Bruce, do you believe he will ever release his archive's for download? I would love to download them for use in my computer based system. I do not wish to buy another blu-ray player just for a handful of albums.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Bruce, do you believe he will ever release his archive's for download? I would love to download them for use in my computer based system. I do not wish to buy another blu-ray player just for a handful of albums.

I wish I could say but I'm under a NDA

pepar

May 15, 2011
On an island
www.peparsplace.com
Neil is a poet and poets are held to a different standard. Fellow poets .. and non-singers .. include Stevie Nicks, Springsteen, Mellencamp, Dylan, etc. Dylan, amazingly, has gotten better while the 25-30 years on the others ... has ...... made them un-listenable, IMO.

How do I add something like "Addicted to Best!" to my profile?

Jeff

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I happen to love Neil's voice, so I hope there is more of his stuff, but I have a feeling there are other artists involved.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
That sounds almost word for word the same thing that Bill Schnee said when introducing his new music label at CES this year :)

What do you think about the statement? Think there's a chance some labels might take Hi-Rez seriously?

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Since the music industry has been getting killed, makes sense to me that they might somehow align around the marketing notion of 'bluray for music', create a new product category in hopes of increasing sales and resales of stuff the way people replace DVDs w/Bluray. Not implying though that it needs to be a physical format. If they all got behind it, maybe it would take enough in the marketplace to be worth their while. Massive marketing works, but takes commitment. Maybe desperation will yield what we're all after. And/or maybe it's as simple as iTunes offering hi-rez.

My wife can't stand Neil Young's voice either, always asks me to turn it off when he's on. I think he's legitimately brilliant.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
What do you think about the statement? Think there's a chance some labels might take Hi-Rez seriously?

I have spoken to the folks at WMG many times and can honestly say they do care about hi-rez music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing