I have just been offered........

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
If the face plates is marked 7.5 and 15, that is no doubt anymore, but it will come out in the way for use, if it is for Tape Project tape or other high quality tape, then B77 or Pr99 will be better than A77 in mechanical and electronic construction ,the difference of price is not proportional by Ebay same to the time when they were in brand new
tony ma

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
your second post (5/16) said that they were 3.75 and 7.5 ips - didn't read any further than that. If they are high speed, 2 track, with little head wear, then it is probably a good deal.

Charles

No problem Charles. I did assume they were the 3.75/7.5 versions as that is what I was told. You can well imagine my pleasant surprise this morning when I saw they were 7.5/15ips machines.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Unhappily I was not able to find the review from where I took these spectra. It compared the performance of three Revox classics - the A77, B77 and A700.

Attachments

• revox_a77_b77_a700&.jpg
    revox_a77_b77_a700&.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 77

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
After looking at the graphs posted, I can finally say that for once I understand them and can see why the B77 appears to have better "numbers". Sorry guys, not up with the terminology of reading graphs and stats. So thanks.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Maybe, just maybe I'm getting some lucky vibes from somewhere, because I have just scored a Target stand for next to nothing. I will do a trade for some vinyl. :D

Here's my thinking:

1. Place this stand in front of my existing rack.
2. Move the Nottingham TT onto it.
3. Place the A77 on top of existing rack.

Since I'm not using the bottom three shelves of my existing rack any longer (the IA has been moved to the top underneath the TT), the new Target rack won't be interfering with anything. My phonostage and vinyl accessories will go on the bottom of the Target stand.

Sorry for posting my setup once again, but I wanted you to envision how I'm doing this. Of course, your opinions are always welcomed.

001..JPG
Target stand..jpg

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Hi John.

How tall is the Target stand? You may be able to place it to the left or right side of the main rack and move the vinyl on the one side (where you placed the Target stand) to another location in the room. That way you could place the Revox on top of the Target stand right next to your Nottingham TT. You would then only have to run shorter ICs to and from the Pioneer IA. You could place any of the required items for the Revox on the lower shelf of the Target stand (including blank tapes, recorded tapes, cleaning materials and head demagnetizer).

Rich

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Hi John.

How tall it the Target stand? You may be able to place it to the left or right side of the main rack and move the vinyl on the one side (where you placed the Target stand) to another location in the room. That way you could place the Revox on top of the Target stand right next to your Nottingham TT. You would then only have to run shorter ICs to and from the Pioneer IA. You could place any of the required items for the Revox on the lower shelf of the Target stand (including bland tapes, recorded tapes, cleaning materials and head demagnetizer.

Rich

+1

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi John.

How tall is the Target stand? You may be able to place it to the left or right side of the main rack and move the vinyl on the one side (where you placed the Target stand) to another location in the room. That way you could place the Revox on top of the Target stand right next to your Nottingham TT. You would then only have to run shorter ICs to and from the Pioneer IA. You could place any of the required items for the Revox on the lower shelf of the Target stand (including blank tapes, recorded tapes, cleaning materials and head demagnetizer).

Rich

Hmmmm........thanks Rich and Roger! Never thought of that, but it's certainly a very viable alternative. I have enough space at the back of my room to put any vinyl that needed to be removed. Also, I think my AudioQuest Copperhead 1M IC's would work (saving me the purchase of another pair). And yes, I will need a spot for blank tapes and such.

I love coming here! You guys are great!:)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
If anyone wants a copy of the review of the A77. A700 and B77 please send me his email address - I have located the pdf file. BTW it is written in German. I managed to read most of it using the google translator!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing