T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach California

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yes, we visited and heard the system...very nice sounding, indeed :p I was going through the program, which by the way is quite attractive, and wasn't able to determine what electronics were partnered with VMPS...do you recall :confused:

Regards,
Sam

Did Brian use Atma-sphere? They often show together ;)

SysOp

Jun 18, 2011
Beverly Hills, CA
Sam / Miles- I only recall they were specifically using an older Esoteric transport and Synergistic active reference interconnects / speaker cables. It was a very simple setup of transport / dac / monoblocks / power conditioning. I was with my friend Bill from SoundVideoAutomation who's been in the business for 30 yrs, and he was making comments about 'how those speakers sounded so incredibly good especially with mid-line audiophile equipment' - meaning, the VMPS guys were trying to demo their speakers with a "legit" setup that might mirror what the typical well invested enthusiast might have at home- e.g. respectably nice gear but maybe not the latest uber-top-of-line. I have to respect that approach. Had them play a couple of cuts off of my Patricia Barber HDCD (purchased downstairs, of course.. :D). Outstanding, really outstanding.

Regards,
Kurt

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Brian was very considerate

and played a track or two of ours, also :cool:
Myles, I don't believe the VMPS loudspeakers were being driven by Atma-Sphere this time

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing