T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach California

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Hi,

My spouse and I are looking to attend. Would anyone know if Scaena will have a presence :confused:

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hoping to be there also, most likely on the first day....Friday. Sam, I think Scaena are supposed to be there. I know Evolution Acoustics will be there, I spoke to Kevin Malmgrem a couple of weeks ago and he told me they will be displaying the MM Micro One.
Should be a good show, only Co. that may NOT be there is Magico, which is a shame as I was hoping to hear their latest offerings.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Hoping to be there also, most likely on the first day....Friday. Sam, I think Scaena are supposed to be there. I know Evolution Acoustics will be there, I spoke to Kevin Malmgrem a couple of weeks ago and he told me they will be displaying the MM Micro One.
Should be a good show, only Co. that may NOT be there is Magico, which is a shame as I was hoping to hear their latest offerings.

Hello DaveyF,

Scaena and Magico would be informative listening opportunities for my spouse and I (I always appreciate her participation, albeit we are both untrained listeners -- her hearing is very acute).

It'll be great to see Jonathan, again! I had a wonderful experience at Mike's listening to the Evolution Acoustics :cool:

Sonny and I should arrive to Irvine sometime between mid-morning and noon, Friday.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Time we met Gary

Perhaps a WBF gathering and a dinner one night. My two oldest sons live in the OC. Seems Friday will be best day

Steve,

Please keep us informed should there be a dinner soiree :cool: My spouse, Sonny, and I will accommodate ourselves at the Hilton. We were initially booked at the Atrium; however, we decided upon the venue hotel after reading unflattering reviews on tripadvisor -- kinda sounds like audio...doesn't it -LOL.

Last edited:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I am planning to attend with some of the local audio society here.... hope planets align for this to happen!

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Would be nice if those members that do end up attending could have an introductory meeting. Time and place? I will probably only attend on just Friday so that would work best for me.:D

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Just heard confirmation of the live music that's going to be there.

Hosted by Jim Merod/Blueport Jazz

Friday 6:00pm: A Night of Jobim & Brazil.
Featuring:
Mike Garson (piano)
Lori Bell (flute)
Roni Ben-Hur (guitar)
Nilson Matta (bass)
Gary Foster (alto-sax & flute)
Anthony Smith (vibes)
Enzo Todesco (drums)
Shunzo Ohno (trumpet)

Saturday 6:00pm
Encore performance - Mike Garson and Lori Bell
then
Gilbert Castellanos' Bolero Romance Sextet
Featuring:
Gilbert Castellanos (trumpet)
Andy Martin (trumbone)
Carlos Vasquez (drums)
Kamau Kenyatta (piano)
Hamilton Price (bass)
Lorraine Castellanos (vocals)

Saturday and Sunday 1:00pm
Dean Peer (bass)

Saturday and Sunday 3:00pm
Remembering the Righteous Brothers: Barry Rillera and his 5-piece band

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I'm the guy in the wheelchair, so pretty easy to spot these days. hope to meet some of you guys---JTinn, will def stop by.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I'm sitting behind Fremmer...waiting to hear a Sonorous deck.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Just got back from the show:D......Seems like there was an excellent turn-out. Several very good rooms and a lot of good music and great gear.
The Magico Q3's were playing and were very impressive:cool:. I thought the room with the Q3's and the Synergistic gear was the best sound at the show.:D
TAD's were also impressive and a close second IMO.:cool:
Great show, just too much to see and hear in one day.:(

repman

Apr 2, 2011
Kennesaw, Ga
Hi,

My spouse and I are looking to attend. Would anyone know if Scaena will have a presence :confused:

I hope you got to hear the Scaena speakers. I had an extended late night session with them at Axpona in Atlanta and to me they are quite special.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing